Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crazy Easter evening

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:02 PM
  • 15 Replies
Sister had to go to work so me and my sister in law (sister's wife) stayed at her parents house. Kids had a blast today. Then sil decided to get so trashed I had to drive her to my sisters job (dh had our vehicle for work this afternoon) and pick her up. She dropped me and my boys off at home and then drove sil and the kids home and dropped them off and took the car back to work. Sil then proceeds to toss my 2 nieces and my nephew in bed at 6:30 so she didn't have to deal with them and she could continue to drink. However, I'm a b*&#h because I told her I wasn't driving her around with her holding a huge half drank bottle of alcohol. I don't really know what the laws are but I am pretty sure it's illegal and I like having a license.
I love her to death but never again. I know there will be bashers. I don't care. She is got trashed. Trashed enough that HER sister went over there to bathe the kids and help her get them into bed. Falling down drunk unable to care for your kids and then tossing them in bed at 6:30 in the evening so you can continue to obliterate yourself is absolutely not okay.

Rant over.....
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rachael-Dawn
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:09 PM
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:12 PM
Is she an alcoholic? I've had to tell my mom she can't bring the open container in the car, like it's not common sense!

Ugh. Sorry you had to deal with that.
donnag013
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:14 PM

I feel is you have the responsibility of another human being, you do not have the right to get blotto drunk at that time. Just common sense, really. If there was an emergency of some sort, she would not be able to help, and would in fact be a hindrance.

Rachael-Dawn
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:18 PM
She is. It was definitely frustrating but I'm glad we are home and it's over.

Quoting ame85: Is she an alcoholic? I've had to tell my mom she can't bring the open container in the car, like it's not common sense!

ame85
by Chemistry cat on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:20 PM
It's over for you, but not for her kids. I hope she gets help.

Quoting Rachael-Dawn: She is. It was definitely frustrating but I'm glad we are home and it's over.

Quoting ame85: Is she an alcoholic? I've had to tell my mom she can't bring the open container in the car, like it's not common sense!

Rachael-Dawn
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:20 PM
Exactly. I am glad her sister went over immediately. At least she will be sober long enough to help in case something happens.

Quoting donnag013:

I feel is you have the responsibility of another human being, you do not have the right to get blotto drunk at that time. Just common sense, really. If there was an emergency of some sort, she would not be able to help, and would in fact be a hindrance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:21 PM
How old are your nieces? If they are two or three that's way to early. And she needs help. Smh.
Rachael-Dawn
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:21 PM
I wish she would too. She is such a loving human being and she is a wonderful mom and coparent with my sister. Nothing gets through to her though.

Quoting ame85: It's over for you, but not for her kids. I hope she gets help.

Quoting Rachael-Dawn: She is. It was definitely frustrating but I'm glad we are home and it's over.

Rachael-Dawn
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:23 PM
My nieces are 5 and almost 6 and my nephew is almost 7.
Eta I agree. She is a wonderful mom and coparent with my sister. I don't know that she will ever stop though.

Quoting Anonymous 1: How old are your nieces? If they are two or three that's way to early. And she needs help. Smh.
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:26 PM
It takes a lot to get through to some. A DUI, medical scare, job loss, divorce, or homelessness is usually a low enough point that people come to realize they have a problem.

I work with alcoholics every day and I know their struggle. It's sad and can be very frustrating for loved ones to witness.

Quoting Rachael-Dawn: I wish she would too. She is such a loving human being and she is a wonderful mom and coparent with my sister. Nothing gets through to her though.

Quoting ame85: It's over for you, but not for her kids. I hope she gets help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)