Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure how to feel...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
So every year since my inlaws moved away we have had my SIL, her kids and her hubby over for Easter. Well I had a baby a couple weeks before Easter last year so I didn't cook. They had a celebration at their house but didn't invite us. This year they did the same again, had their own celebration with out us. I'm not sure what I did to make them not want us to come hangout. I know of feel like ever since we had the baby they don't want to see us as much. Not sure what to do. I feel kind of let down by them.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suomynona_amam
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:42 PM
What does your husband say?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this
That sucks! Family can be really shitty. Dealing with that myself. I have just started doing things on our own. I don't call them anymore. Not worth the tears (for me, I shed) because that clearly don't care enough to call
cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:45 PM
3 moms liked this

Best thing to do is reconnect. Call them and invite them for a Saturday lunch or dinner. Whenever I start to feel left out I call or text good people and try to organize a get togeher with them. Don't assume the worst.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:47 PM
He just says whatever, he doesn't really care.

Quoting suomynona_amam: What does your husband say?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:49 PM
That's a good idea.

Quoting cali_gurl:

Best thing to do is reconnect. Call them and invite them for a Saturday lunch or dinner. Whenever I start to feel left out I call or text good people and try to organize a get togeher with them. Don't assume the worst.

cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes! How old are you? As you get older you start to realize that EVERYONE is just super busy and a lot of times it is not personal. I go 6 months without seeing my closest girlfriends and their kids sometimes. Then I text them and tell them how much I miss them and we start meeting up again. We love eachother so that's okay. :)

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's a good idea.
Quoting cali_gurl:

NellieKane
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:55 PM

I agree with this.  It is easy to get busy and lose touch with people without intending to.

Quoting cali_gurl:

PogoPalOj
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:03 PM

Maybe they feel like you have outgrown them.

lancet98
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I drove a nephew to the train station and got lost on the way due to a lot of construction downtown.  He appeared to completely cut me off after that.

I gradually wore him down by virtue of obliviously emailing him dog and cat videos, eventually getting him to a state of reluctantly reading my email and responding within...oh...a couple months, LOL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:10 PM
I'm 30. I guess I have been left behind by so many friends that I just assume that I did something wrong, low self esteem I guess. I think I will call them next weekend and see if they want to come over.

Quoting cali_gurl:

Yes! How old are you? As you get older you start to realize that EVERYONE is just super busy and a lot of times it is not personal. I go 6 months without seeing my closest girlfriends and their kids sometimes. Then I text them and tell them how much I miss them and we start meeting up again. We love eachother so that's okay. :)

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's a good idea.

Quoting cali_gurl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)