Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when you're filling out a former for your child

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 111 Replies
Why would you put a nickname down?

And why do so many people get their kids birthdays wrong?

I am the secretary for my city's youth baseball organization. I have just under 700 kids. Each child's birth certificate has to be verified before they can play.

Tonight I finally finished and I am left with these questions. Seriously, people get their kids birthdays wrong. I had about 30 kids who's birthdays were wrong by just a few days.

Then their are the parents that register their kids under nicknames. If you want to call your kid bear or tmac, great. You should....but for christs sake put their real name on the registration.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Sรถze on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:52 PM

A lot of registration forms have a separate space to put the child's nickname. You should suggest to whoever's in charge of your organization that they add that to their form.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Ugh. My dad and stepmom are like this with my brother. He didn't know his name was Charles until he was in his teens!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylilsunshine
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:53 PM
LOL, the d.o.b I believe. My dh always get my 2 April kids bdays mixed up. But putting a nickname? Seriously?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:54 PM
Yup. It has that. Yet these stupid parents put the nickname in both.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

A lot of registration forms have a separate space to put the child's nickname. You should suggest to whoever's in charge of your organization that they add that to their form.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:55 PM
That makes it so hard for someone like me.

The people who use middle names as names are annoyng too, but not nearly as much so.

Quoting MIA0223: Ugh. My dad and stepmom are like this with my brother. He didn't know his name was Charles until he was in his teens!
Rosehawk
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:55 PM

I do it all the time. My middle child's birthday is the 13th of a month, my husband the 14th of a month, and my son the 15th of a month. I have to stop and think which one ALL the time. My youngest is the 24th of a month, and I'm the 6th of a month......keep all that straight!

ilovemykids323
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:56 PM

i have 4 kids... i gotta think about each kid and birthdate. my dh has definatly wrote one or two down wrong.... our kids dont have nicknames so not a issue with that but i could see the birthdate thing

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:56 PM
The birthdays are so much work for me to change, some of them I just left wrong, lol.

Quoting mylilsunshine: LOL, the d.o.b I believe. My dh always get my 2 April kids bdays mixed up. But putting a nickname? Seriously?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:58 PM
I get having to think about it, but it should be right.

I had one woman put her wedding date instead of her son's birthday. It was so much work to find the kid, then to change it

Quoting Rosehawk:

I do it all the time. My middle child's birthday is the 13th of a month, my husband the 14th of a month, and my son the 15th of a month. I have to stop and think which one ALL the time. My youngest is the 24th of a month, and I'm the 6th of a month......keep all that straight!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:58 PM

My sister's birthday is 4 days before mine and my mom was always mixing up which day of the month went with which year. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)