Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby monitors

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:01 PM
  • 25 Replies
I'm sure this has been discussed on here numerous times....but I am curious. My DH and I have conflicting opinions on when we should stop using the baby monitor on our 13 month old. I say that we should have ditched it months ago. He says that we need to keep it until she is in a toddler bed and can speak for herself. I think he is being paranoid...if she really needed something seriously enough I'm sure we would be able to hear her without the monitor. We have a three bedroom house in Florida and all sleep on the same floor. So, moms, when did you ditch the baby monitor for your little one? Or perhaps you never had one all?
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I never used one. Never saw the point. If the baby screamed, I heard them.
Jennabean14
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:06 PM
That's how I feel. Thanks for your feedback!

Quoting imthatgirl0607: I never used one. Never saw the point. If the baby screamed, I heard them.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is 11 months and I don't foresee getting rid of it any time soon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I use it for a few years. I keep the volume low but I like being able to see what's going on without going in and possibly waking baby up.
myshoes
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
You could always keep it on in her room and turn off your receiver. If you "think" you hear something and want to turn it on, you can. Once you haven't had the need to turn it on for a few weeks, turn off the part in her room, too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
My son is 2 and I still use it. But our house is long and narrow with my room on one end, 3 rooms in between and then my sons room. I actually can't even hear him from the living room.
Jennabean14
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:13 PM
That's actually a good way to handle this...

Quoting myshoes: You could always keep it on in her room and turn off your receiver. If you "think" you hear something and want to turn it on, you can. Once you haven't had the need to turn it on for a few weeks, turn off the part in her room, too.
Jennabean14
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:18 PM
Oh wow! I can see why you have a need for it then..

Quoting Anonymous 2: My son is 2 and I still use it. But our house is long and narrow with my room on one end, 3 rooms in between and then my sons room. I actually can't even hear him from the living room.
othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I used them till around 2-3, but the rooms are pretty far from mine. My youngest was also a horrible sleeper and I worried about her waking her sister

jeniprice
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this
My boys share a room. They are 3 1/2 and 2 (at the end of this month). We still use it. If my little one wakes up, I need to high tail my butt in there before he wakes my older one up. That's the only reason we use it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)