Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have come to the conclusion that...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

There is no such thing as "friends." Once you become an adult, get married and have children this is just the reality, at least for me. I have yet to have any friends that I can call "true friends." 

My husband is in the Military so most people we meet don't stick around for long. Even those who do aren't truly friends. They are only there when they need something from you or you are what they consider a "back up." I've been walked all over, treated like crap and made to feel like an outcast more times than I care to remember. It sucks I won't lie, I have been through a lot. I have had a severely traumatic childhood and enough shit in my life that I just don't care, nor do I have time for fake BS. My top priority will always be my children and my husband. I don't have time for fleeting non sense and people who pretend to be your friend. 

I have yet to meet another adult that is actually a decent and considerate person. What I have met are many assholes and users, to that I say no thank you. I would rather spend all of my extra time with my babies and my hubby.

I learned the hard way while my husband was deployed that people only take care of themselves. You are only there when you serve a need.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:24 PM
3 moms liked this
I have only a few people I consider friends. I would rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies. I am good with my besties.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:25 PM
What a sad outlook.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:26 PM

Quoting iwicked: I have only a few people I consider friends. I would rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies. I am good with my besties.

I can't even find that. Moving often doesn't help but even still, I haven't found any true friends. I would love that have just one REAL friend, rather than 5 fake friends. I haven't interacted with another person other than my husband in so long I don't even remember what it's like. My attempts have all been fruitless.

RobJar
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:27 PM
I know a lot of people. But friends. I only have 5 people I consider my friends.
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:28 PM
My best friends are my old friends, from high school and college. But I've made new friends too. They are just not as close. Maybe lower your expectations. Not everyone has to be your new BFF. They can be just casual friends you grab coffee with or whatever.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:29 PM
My daughter, mom and sister are my only friends.
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:29 PM
Other than the military part, i could have written this post myself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:29 PM

Quoting caustinb: My best friends are my old friends, from high school and college. But I've made new friends too. They are just not as close. Maybe lower your expectations. Not everyone has to be your new BFF. They can be just casual friends you grab coffee with or whatever.

I don't even have that. I have no hung out with another person other than my husband in 2 years. I can't even find someone to have a play date with. My son is 18 months old and he has never played with another child. I just can't find anyone to make friends with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:29 PM

Quoting Anonymous 3: My daughter, mom and sister are my only friends.

I have no family, at all :( other than the family ive made.

SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:30 PM
That's sad :( I'm still fairly close with many of my friends from high school and college. We may not see each other much, but they are always there. I hope you find someone someday.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)