Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cloth diapering mommas help me!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I am buying some for the first time. I am debating buying the minky outer fabric or just sticking to the regular pul fabric? Also I am debating buying designs (slightly more expensive) or just the plain but colorful ones? Btw I am buying alva baby brand if that makes a difference
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:44 PM
Bump
MommyCassafrass
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:47 PM

I think it's more a personal preference.  I have a mixture of both, prints and solid colors.  I would suggest not spending a bunch of money on one brand until you know it's going to fit properly.  When you find the brand that fits the best then go from there. 

kmeow
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:49 PM
I don't have any experience with China diapers, or minky fabric. I just use regular old PUL. As for the patterns, that's a personal preference. I have five diapers with patterns because they were so overwhelmingly cute I thought them worth the money, and the rest are just plain.
annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:52 PM
My friend would suggest starting off buying used cloth diapers till you find a brand that you like. That way you can save a little money. She runs a cloth diaper bank, and gives free cloth diapers to families in need.

Maybe see if your city has something like that. If they do, most will allow you to try a few different brands, show you how to do different folds, teach you how to properly wash them, and you can return the diapers when you are done with them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:59 PM
I wouldn't do the China made brands. I've heard the PUL type is good.

Eta. Maybe try Kellys Closet online.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)