Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this normal?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I'm six months pregnant. I stand and walk all day for work. Today I woke up with pain in my calf. Some parts of the day it was manageable at other times I would be limping. Its been over 12 hours and it still hurts. Is this just cramping due to the pregnancy or should I be concerned?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kmeow
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I would go to the ER. With pregnancy you are at a higher risk of blood clots and you would typically get them in your calf. Better safe than sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:56 PM
Maybe you pulled something? It could be that you're low on potassium? The pp above has a good point as well.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm six months pregnant. I stand and walk all day for work. Today I woke up with pain in my calf. Some parts of the day it was manageable at other times I would be limping. Its been over 12 hours and it still hurts. Is this just cramping due to the pregnancy or should I be concerned?
brimar
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:57 PM
Always worry about blood clots with pain like that
TisHerself
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:58 PM

This. DVT can be life threatening. 

Quoting kmeow: I would go to the ER. With pregnancy you are at a higher risk of blood clots and you would typically get them in your calf. Better safe than sorry.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:59 PM
ER could be a blood clot.
NellieKane
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:02 PM

It could be cramps due to low potassium, muscle fatigue, or symptoms of a blood clot.  It is always better to err on the side of caution when pregnant.  I hope everything turns out just fine!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2015 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah. . Im at the ER now. Thank you!

Quoting NellieKane:

It could be cramps due to low potassium, muscle fatigue, or symptoms of a blood clot.  It is always better to err on the side of caution when pregnant.  I hope everything turns out just fine!

NellieKane
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 12:28 AM

Good luck!!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah. . Im at the ER now. Thank you!
Quoting NellieKane:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)