Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Day 3 refusing to cook for my family.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/20674420/Why_is_this_so_hard_ETA_day_2_refusing_to_cook_for_my_family

^ previous post. Day 3 of not cooking for my family and here's what we've accomplished.
1) Dh no understands several things.
•it's hard planning a meal that includes vegetables
•making dinner takes longer than you'd imagine
• going to the store for groceries really sucks.
•it's aggrivating when you cook and nobody eats or helps put away food and your efforts are wasted.
•preparing dinner can be really expensive if all you know how to do is burn steak on the grill. (He didn't burn the food, he had to go back to the store and the boys and his bff burnt dinner).
•accepting that kids don't eat leftovers is bullshit.

The kids are still pissed. I've barely seen the boys today. They only ate dinner but they were trying a hunger strike. They cleaned their plates when they were done though. Dd is more interested in learning to cook. Everyone's working to help the younger ones learn to clear their plate from the table.

I think it's working. Should I start helping tomorrow? Or stay on strike? Dh is exhausted and begging. He says he understands.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandyharp
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:15 PM
I give you props.....I wish I could go on strike to make the hubby and kids see what it's like...go you :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
It's been really hard. My poor dd almost cried when she had to eat burnt meat for dinner last night. Meanwhile I made chicken and rice soup and she wanted it. She doesn't eat much meat and that's all he had planned. He then said dinner was at 5:30 from now on. He came in at 5:20 and was begging me to heko him with leftovers. He made back beans and rice finally as well...after everyone had already eaten and cleaned up. Lol. I feel bad but at the same time it's nice seeing him learn why this is is important.
I did cave and let him eat some of my leftover sausage and peppers.

Quoting brandyharp: I give you props.....I wish I could go on strike to make the hubby and kids see what it's like...go you :)
momof3grls4517
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:23 PM
I would stay on strike. They need to really understand why you are so frustrated. I say at least a couple more days.good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:25 PM
Keep going. This is not his breaking point. This is just the middle plot.
DensHag
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:27 PM
I'd give it at least a week...stay strong Mama!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:27 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Dh's dinner vs mine. This is last night. Tonight we both had leftovers. My garlic bread usually has Italian seasonings so it's orettier but I didn't want it this time.
Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:28 PM

I would go at least a week maybe 2. Make them really feel it. It's hard work and not easy. I'm so glad everyone is a good eater and DH is good about putting food up. I'd be pissed if they did that in my house. Wasting food, my time and money makes me bitchy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:29 PM
Well I've been on a laundry strike. Now add dinner strike and I think he almost cried. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: Keep going. This is not his breaking point. This is just the middle plot.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:31 PM
I'm going to have to go read the other post because I've got to be missing what the big deal is about cooking dinner.

ETA I would be aggravated about them leaving the food out but like I said in the other post, I would just put the food in the fridge before I left work. They could heat it up & eat it or be hungry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:32 PM
How old is DD? if she's like 3 and under, i wouldn't punish her for dad's shitty cooking lol i say give it a few days then SLOWLY, very, very slowly, start helping out.

But make it to where a couple days, you cook. A couple days, he cooks. Left overs on the other days... maybe even start getting the kids into it. Not sure of their ages
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)