Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dead Beat Dad

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
My parents have a large house. I am going through a divorce so my dd and I live with them. My parents want us to live there and I pay rent and half the utilities and groceries plus our normal expenses.

Well my brother works out of state. He comes back for about a week every couple months. When he is not here we take over his visitation time with his son. So my parents and I raise him half the time. Which is fine. But my brother is such a huge piece of shit alcoholic. I don't allow him to be unsupervised with my dd because he is literally always drunk. He has been home one week and hasn't been sober at all for any of it. To make matters worse his son is here and he's not paying an ounce of attention to him. He doesn't have a license and won't for years because of several dui's. He keeps getting rides from friends to the bar and expects all of us to watch his son. And if we refuse he takes his son with him to the bar. His son is 6. My brother is annoying the shit out of me with his constant state of drunkeness. He's constantly trying to order me around and do things for him and I refuse. He's pissed off that I refuse to parent his child when he is here. And he's just constantly ignoring or screaming at his son. I am so fed up with his shit. In my eyes he is nothing but a piece of shit alcoholic and a dead beat dad. It's fucking pathetic.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:18 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:28 PM
Bump
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:31 PM
He has a disease. Go to alanon for yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm seriously considering. Everyone in my family is an alcoholic or addict but me. He's by far the worst.

Quoting iwicked: He has a disease. Go to alanon for yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:34 PM

agreed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:35 PM
Every time he visits I consider moving out but my parents get so upset about the idea of me and dd moving out.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

agreed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:37 PM
Your parents make you pay rent and utilities? How is that helping you out?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Talk to your nephew's mother about it & tell her to get full custody. This isn't healthy for his son to be around. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:39 PM
I would try to put a bug in his ear about the mom getting full custody. I honestly can't see why his ds would be there if he wasn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:40 PM
I don't mind at all. I make good money. We live in a tiny community and they'd rather me live out here than move away to the city and I prefer it as well. Except for when my brother visits.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Your parents make you pay rent and utilities? How is that helping you out?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)