Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be mad?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:21 AM
  • 90 Replies
Would you be mad if someone you didn't know took your clothes out of the washer and sat them on the dryer and then did the same when your clothes were done in the dryer? Mind you both times they had only gotten done 10 minutes before you went to get and you have to young kids under the age of 3 in your home. How would you react? ETA: this was at my shared laundry in our 8 unit apartment building where the landlord has a rule that tenants aren't suppose to touch someone's laundry if it hasn't been there for longer then 30 minutes. Also I'm a bit peeved because I'm pretty sure the people that did it once recently left there laundry (all of it) in the laundry room for 2 straight days....the landlord made the rule because of it.
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blue.butterfly
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:23 AM

No. Why would that make anyone mad? Am I missing something here? 

iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:24 AM
3 moms liked this
I would be curious as to why a stranger was in my home moving laundry.
mamakenzi
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:25 AM
3 moms liked this
No, that's a risk you take when you leave your laundry in a shared/public laundry room. If you don't want that to happen then stay with your clothes.
tinybluemoon
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:25 AM

Isn't why you are supposed to leave your basket on top? At least, that is what we did in college.

mehaffiesub
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:26 AM
Apartment building with public laundry.

Quoting iwicked: I would be curious as to why a stranger was in my home moving laundry.
andi_pandi
by Andrea on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:27 AM
Yes I would be.. Someone I do not know touching my clothes would irritate me. Its rude
My mom just moved to an apartment and has a shared laundry and someone just removed her clothes from the washer a few days ago.. She's still bitching about it.
She even sets a timer to remind her to get them and they had only been done for about ten mins too!
madismom1011
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:27 AM
At least they waited ten minutes after the dryer was done and didn't pull them out wet...
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:27 AM
I would stay with my laundry if I was using a public machine.

Quoting mehaffiesub: Apartment building with public laundry.

Quoting iwicked: I would be curious as to why a stranger was in my home moving laundry.
andi_pandi
by Andrea on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:29 AM
I told my mom to leave a note on the washer/dryer when she does her laundry that says "please don't remove my clothes" lol
dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:29 AM
That's why you aren't supposed to leave the laundromat. It's a risk you take when you leave your clothes unattended.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)