Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lost my sense of taste and smell.....

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:13 AM
  • 9 Replies

About a week ago, things started to taste funny.

In the last 2 days I realized I can not smell or taste ANYTHING...

Everything tastes like well nothing....Hell just to prove it to myself, I ate a Mango tonight it didn't have a taste...I HATE THE TASTE OF MANGO'S!!!

I ran a bottle of alcohol under my nose, nothing, same with a Jar of Vicks Vapor rub, no smell at all.

I don't have a headache or stuffy nose, no allergies. Nothing That could explain it. I just completely lost my sense of taste and smell.

I called my Dr (who sucks by the way, but its rare I see a DR) and they can't get me in for 2 weeks.

Should I go to the Urgent Care? Or just wait....Any Idea what It might be? Has this happened to anyone else?

by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this
It's likely a neuro thing. I would do er over urgent car if you don't feel able to wait. (Which I understand)
SamanthaSage
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd be calling around to different doctors to see if there are any other openings anywhere. It would really bug the crap out of me to not know what's going on and have to wait that long to find out. I wouldn't go to urgent care but I'd find someplace that had an opening tomorrow.
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Go to an ER and get evaluated
EponineVader
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:22 AM

I guess I could head to the ER. But I don't feel bad at all....Just can't smell or taste anything. Just doesn't seem like a ER worthy thing.

Quoting iwicked: Go to an ER and get evaluated

JakobLukasMom
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this
That's really scary, I wouldn't wait for two weeks...
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:24 AM
Go anyway. This may be a neurological event. Please just go.

Quoting EponineVader:

I guess I could head to the ER. But I don't feel bad at all....Just can't smell or taste anything. Just doesn't seem like a ER worthy thing.

Quoting iwicked: Go to an ER and get evaluated

DisabledVet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this

It could be any number of things including a brain tumor. I wouldn't wait for 2 weeks and if your doctor is that crappy I'd get a different one.

EponineVader
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I would love to, but until my insurance changes May 1st I really can't (I mean I could, but then Iwould just have to switch again)

Quoting DisabledVet:

It could be any number of things including a brain tumor. I wouldn't wait for 2 weeks and if your doctor is that crappy I'd get a different one.

SissyAnn141
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:29 AM

Quoting EponineVader:

I would love to, but until my insurance changes May 1st I really can't (I mean I could, but then Iwould just have to switch again)

Quoting DisabledVet:

I was not going to say anything, but she is correct.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)