Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm scared dd will NEVER...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Talk properly. She's almost 4 and a half years old. I can understand her most of the time but other people can't.
She gets words mixed up. She'll forget a word in a sentence or she just won't say the word because she doesn't know how. Even if I try to teach it to her she says, I don't want to learn.
She can't spell her name even kids in her preschool class were spelling their names last year. I try to teach her and again she says no, I don't want to learn or I already know how. But really... She doesn't.
She often gets why mixed up with how.
Simple sentences she won't say right.
I'm scared she's going to be talking like this in elementary school. Her little friends already just look at her blank when she doesn't say something properly.
One of my biggest fears is that she will be bullied.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momwifewine
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:21 AM
Can you get her into speech therapy?
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:21 AM
Speech therapy
janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:21 AM

have you tried speech therapy?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:24 AM
Yes, she had an assessment done and she said she is at her level...
I have been thinking about getting her back on the wait list

Quoting Momwifewine: Can you get her into speech therapy?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:25 AM
Yes, the reply is in the comments =/

Quoting iwicked: Speech therapy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:25 AM

Why not have her see a language therapist if you are concerned.  Repetition helps.  Even my autistic daughter who is 4 can spell her entire name.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:25 AM
Yep. Reply is in the comments

Quoting janedoe13:

have you tried speech therapy?

MandaJo111
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:25 AM

I would talk to the doctor about getting her into speech therapy.  I had a similar worry about my son when he was that age.  He had problems with some words like blanket was pronounced gwanket, and several other things.  The doc agreed he needed therapy.  It took about a month or so to get the referral in and get the pre-screening set up.  Before his first appointment, he just started talking completely normal.  It was like night and day.  We never persued the speech therapy.  Hopefully your daughter will have a similar story one day.  My son is 12 1/2 now so that was a good while ago.  

Momwifewine
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:25 AM
I would take her back and tell them what's going on. If they still think it's nothing I would try to get a second opinion.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes, she had an assessment done and she said she is at her level...
I have been thinking about getting her back on the wait list

Quoting Momwifewine: Can you get her into speech therapy?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeahh, she had an assessment done a while ago. She said dd is at her level but it might be time to get her back on the list.

Quoting MandaJo111:

I would talk to the doctor about getting her into speech therapy.  I had a similar worry about my son when he was that age.  He had problems with some words like blanket was pronounced gwanket, and several other things.  The doc agreed he needed therapy.  It took about a month or so to get the referral in and get the pre-screening set up.  Before his first appointment, he just started talking completely normal.  It was like night and day.  We never persued the speech therapy.  Hopefully your daughter will have a similar story one day.  My son is 12 1/2 now so that was a good while ago.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)