Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

one of my students called me a b****!!!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:53 AM
  • 42 Replies

one of my 3rd grade boys (age 8) called me a bitch and when I sat him down to talk to him he said " I didn't choose the thug life, the thug life chose me"...how do you even react to that?!?!?!

by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rubixcubes
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:54 AM
6 moms liked this
Slap his mother?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:55 AM
I understand. I e of my fifth graders this year called me a bitch. Another one said he was going to kill me. Another student said he was going to hit me with a car and kill me. Hang in there.
Colleen_Brown90
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:57 AM

he doesnt have the best life at home. I talked to his grandmother and we talked to him. hes 8 years old.he obviously heard those words somewhere

Quoting rubixcubes: Slap his mother?

iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:58 AM
Do you have school counseling professionals? If so give him a referral.
DisabledVet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:59 AM
2 moms liked this

You say there is no thug life in this class and I expect you to act appropriately while you here. I know you're capable of doing this. If you call me a name again I'll have no choice but to send you to the principle. I'd rather not do that. So instead you can write a paper telling me why it's wrong to call people names.

Colleen_Brown90
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:01 AM

you know, I really feel for him. He does not have the best life at home. I obviously punished him for his behavior but I also sat him down and tried to figure out what was going on his personal life. Hes 8 years old and kids will be kids,

.Quoting Anonymous 1: I understand. I e of my fifth graders this year called me a bitch. Another one said he was going to kill me. Another student said he was going to hit me with a car and kill me. Hang in there.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:03 AM

Then  sent him to the Guidance Counselors office

Colleen_Brown90
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:04 AM

we have been working with the counselor. Unfortunately he has a very troubled life and has been exposed to way too much for his age...his older sister whom he is very close with is in and out of jail but he has gotten a lot better.

Quoting iwicked: Do you have school counseling professionals? If so give him a referral.

Colleen_Brown90
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:06 AM

he was sent to the school counselor and he actually wrote me a very nice apology letter.

Quoting DisabledVet:

You say there is no thug life in this class and I expect you to act appropriately while you here. I know you're capable of doing this. If you call me a name again I'll have no choice but to send you to the principle. I'd rather not do that. So instead you can write a paper telling me why it's wrong to call people names.

Toonkasmommy
by Challenger 💗 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:11 AM
Holy shit
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)