Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any knitters in here?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:44 AM
  • 17 Replies
How long, on average, would it take you to knit a full size afghan? I'm making this blanket for my son, and GEEEEZ it's taking forever lol. Maybe I'm just a slow knitter.
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Valerie_Swaby
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I would love to learn to knit, but I did crochet a king size afghan in about 3-4 months. My hands got so stiff sometimes that I could barely uncurl them to take a break lol I wasn't working then and I spent at least a couple hours every day sitting in my recliner with it in my lap :)
rosesink
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Large projects take a long time, think of it as keeping your hands busy and out of trouble instead of focusing on the end result

knitting

Quoting AlwaysKISA: How long, on average, would it take you to knit a full size afghan? I'm making this blanket for my son, and GEEEEZ it's taking forever lol. Maybe I'm just a slow knitter.

AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 5:01 AM
I feel like this will take me much longer than 3-4 months! But who knows! We'll see!

Quoting Valerie_Swaby: I would love to learn to knit, but I did crochet a king size afghan in about 3-4 months. My hands got so stiff sometimes that I could barely uncurl them to take a break lol I wasn't working then and I spent at least a couple hours every day sitting in my recliner with it in my lap :)
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 5:02 AM

Mobile Photo

Here's a picture of it *so far*! 😠
Valerie_Swaby
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 5:08 AM
1 mom liked this
That is absolutely beautiful!! I can't read patterns I usually make my own. I'll post a pic of the blanket I made after I get the kids on the bus :)
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 5:11 AM
Please do! I was just going to ask you to :-)
Lol I'm opposite, I feel like if I try to do my own thing, I'll f*ck it all up!

Quoting Valerie_Swaby: That is absolutely beautiful!! I can't read patterns I usually make my own. I'll post a pic of the blanket I made after I get the kids on the bus :)
rosesink
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 5:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats beautiful

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

Mobile Photo

Here's a picture of it *so far*! 😠

Valerie_Swaby
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:32 AM

Mobile Photo

Here is the blanket that I was talking about earlier :)
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:34 AM
Wwwwooow! I love it! I always see such cute crochet patterns, I really want to learn!

Quoting Valerie_Swaby:

Mobile Photo

Here is the blanket that I was talking about earlier :)
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:35 AM

I crochet a blanket for my brother to fit his double bed.  It took years because I ran out of yarn and I couldn't find any to match.  Finally I found some that was the same dye lot and finished it.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)