Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you always believe your child over other people?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:06 AM
  • 4 Replies
My dd told me last night that her teachers are mean to her and they told her that 'they've had enough of having to tell her to stop pulling her hair, and that they don't care if she gets bullied or ends up bald because it will be her fault.'

My dd doesn't talk like that and she looked absolutely heart broken when she told me and I'm on my way to the school now to talk to the teachers and principal but I wanted to know how other moms would react.

(is not her fault, I just want to point that out. She doesn't want to pull her hair it is a subconscious reaction to stress)
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AnonyMinnie
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:07 AM

I'd be pretty pissed and definitely bringing it up with the school. Absolutely.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:10 AM

I'd go to the school too because that's not something you shrug off, but I take everything my children say about what happens at school with a grain of salt.  I don't have it in me to 100% believe anything that anyone says to me, even my own children.

LadyAmaranth
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:15 AM
I'd talk to the teacher and hear both sides. Then I'd nicely inform them about what I expect and what I'll do on my end.

As for would I automatically believe my child...No. There's always times when a child can misunderstand stuff so I'd rather reserve who and what I believe til I get all facts.
DarkSoloKnight0
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:17 AM
To an extent only because I know my child so it's always something missing in the story or he doesn't say what led to it,rather it was his fault or not.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)