Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long did it take to buy your first house?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:45 AM
  • 94 Replies
Kinda disappointed we are about to sign another years lease on our townhouse. I am happy here but had hoped we'd be in a huge house on an acre of land by now lol. We have been renting for 5 years now.
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:46 AM

We bought a house a few months after we got married.

mommaofALT
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

We got married in 2003 and bought our first house in 2010. It took us that long because first- my husband was military.  Made no since to buy until he got out. Then he had a job that wasn't 100% stable with the location so we didn't buy because we weren't going to be staying in that one town long term.

Don't get discouraged however. Home ownership isn't going anywhere. Just take this time to save up and get your credit as close to perfect as possible so you can get the best house and the best interest rate :)

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:48 AM
6 months after we got married.

You'll get it when the time is right. Patience sucks sometimes, but it will make it that much more worth it ;)
Linda_Runs
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:49 AM

From the time I moved out of my parents to buying our first house was about six years.  Once we lived in base housing, we became very eager to leave.

imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:50 AM

We bought our first house when we were 25, we had rented for a year begfore that.

destiny3513
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:51 AM
Bought a house by the time I was seven months pregnant.
chillaxe
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:52 AM
I was 24 when I bought my first house. My husband was the home inspector:)
ApolloniaAdams
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:52 AM

I bought my first house when I was 23.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:53 AM
My ex & I bought a small starter home shortly after we married & worked our way up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:53 AM

My husband and I have been renting since we moved in together in September 2008 so going on 7 years. We are house hunting now but the market in our city is insane and we have lost every house we have made on offer on. There are so few homes so when they pop up, they are gone the same day. I was so excited to start house hunting but had no idea it would take so long to actually find a house. We're going to have to sign a new lease soon so I really hope we find something soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)