Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Illinois mama's here? Have a weather question for ya....

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:00 AM
  • 5 Replies

I'm from Georgia and my husband is in Braidwood, Illinois working the outage at the power plant there. I haven't been able to get through to him this morning. Not that I really expect to cause surely he's alright and working. But can anyone tell me if and how that area was affected by the storms last night. Any reassurance would be greatly appreciated.  And if any of you were in the path and affected by the storms last night, please know that I am thinking of ya'll this morning, and for those who won't be offended, I am praying for ya'll.

by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't know where Braidwood is, but here's a bump.
graciebsgranny
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:05 AM
Bump
tclaurend
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:05 AM
I live in Indiana and don't know where Braidwood is, but thinking of you.
.Mona.Mae.
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:06 AM
The tornados that tore through we're in Rochelle and I believe one around Rockford. Those two cities are quite north of Braidwood. I do not know specifically about Braidwoods weather. Google it?
propswife
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:10 AM

Just checked a map, the tornados were about 90 miles northwest of Braidwood.  If he's working in or near a power plant, there may be a "dead zone" for cell coverage.  It probably stormed there, but there was nothing on the news about tornados except for near Rockford, IL and in NE Texas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)