Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am living in the dark

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
So since about December to last month, my in laws were living with us. Not only did they break every one of my house rules, but because of the my bills went up sky high. And they did not help pay any bills. We'll on Monday I had an emergency and I couldn't pay my electricity. It got cut off Tuesday morning. I won't be able to take care of it till the beginning of next month. I had to throw away over 100 bucks worth of food. I can't take a shower, wash dishes, or do laundry. Thank God it hasn't been that hot or cold outside! I cannot believe I let my in laws get away without paying me something.... I am almost ready to sue them. They use me and my husband all the freaking time and he just lets it go... I am so freaking pissed. In order to post this I had to go to the McDonald's and use xfinity wifi. At least I have a Comcast account! And thank goodness my kids are with their grandparents for spring break. I just hope I can get the electricity turned back on... I have never dealt with this before because I have always paid my bills on time. I swear I am never letting someone move in with my family again unless I can trust them...
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elizabooks
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:50 AM
Is there a truck station near you? They tend to have pay showers there.

Any friend have a generator you can borrow?

As for the in laws have you asked outright for money? at this point they are tenant s and it will take 30 days and more to evict them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:52 AM
There is a truck station. Might have to do that. No friends with generator... and my in laws already moved out. They just left me with a high as bill. And they are on disability so they already spent their money.
Quoting elizabooks: Is there a truck station near you? They tend to have pay showers there.

Any friend have a generator you can borrow?

As for the in laws have you asked outright for money? at this point they are tenant s and it will take 30 days and more to evict them.
ApolloniaAdams
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:56 AM

Where do you live?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:56 AM
Where is your husband who let them get away with this? Parents or not, he dropped the ball here. His own nuclear family is supposed to be top priority and I'd be questioning his manhood and ability to take care of his family if he's going to let others come in, parents or not, and bum it up at the cost of necessities for his wife and kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:58 AM
Franklin ky. I'm trying to find places that help with this sort of thing.
Quoting ApolloniaAdams:

Where do you live?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:01 AM
I know... I've talked to him about that and he just says he feels bad for them because bad shit always happens to them but it's not our fault they'd rather buy crap than pay their bills...
Quoting Anonymous 2: Where is your husband who let them get away with this? Parents or not, he dropped the ball here. His own nuclear family is supposed to be top priority and I'd be questioning his manhood and ability to take care of his family if he's going to let others come in, parents or not, and bum it up at the cost of necessities for his wife and kids.
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

How do you plan to sue them? Unless you had an agreement that they would pay you money every month, you really can't. I am sorry about your situation though. That sucks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:05 AM
I told them they had to pay. But when I said that, it was more of a wish than anything. I mean about suing them.
Quoting AnnieGoolaheey:

How do you plan to sue them? Unless you had an agreement that they would pay you money every month, you really can't. I am sorry about your situation though. That sucks.

Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:09 AM

So, your kids are with your parents?  Bet your parents have a shower.  If your parents are close enough to your kids school district, I'd go there and tell DH that none of you are coming back until he figures out the utilities.  If he doesn't bear the brunt of the consequences, then he probably won't learn to say "No".

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:12 AM
Where are your in-laws? You better go there and run their bill up. Why would your husband allow that? Where are your kids?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)