Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you judge SAHM that employ help?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 254 Replies

I've have someone to come in once a week to clean and do laundry, and also have considered hiring someone a few times a week to watch our child. I don't work, but would like to run errands and have some time alone. I've been sensing some weird vibes from some of the other moms I socialize with...do you judge a mother who hires help and doesn't do it all herself? 

I am a SAHM, with one child. No plans for any additional children. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:49 AM
10 moms liked this

Heck no! Do what works for your family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
No, but I am confused as to WHY they would, I mean, they're home a lot during the day, so...
I'm a SAHM. I do it all.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:51 AM
5 moms liked this

No I do not. I am that person you just might hire. I see nothing wrong with hiring help. If you can afford it and it makes your life easier Go for it !! Do what works for you and ignore anyone who thinks what you' re doing is wrong. They don't live in your home or walk in your shoes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I only work very part time and would LOVE to hire some help. I don't think it'll happen though. Instead, I'm going to get rid of half our crap. Less stuff=less mess.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:51 AM
3 moms liked this

Uh no, your life has no impact on mine. Lol. I don't care unless it's personally impacting me. 

shadow_lark
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:52 AM
15 moms liked this
If I had to be honest, yea, a little. Why can't you clean your own home and do your own laundry? If you can't handle doing errands with one child, then why become a mom?
Fireball101586
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

No, not my house, not my life. Personally I love doing it myself, I would either clean before or after a cleaning lady came, so what would be the point anyways. I am picky on how I want my house cleaned.

But go for it, your life lol.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:54 AM
6 moms liked this
Nope. I'm a sahm with a weekly cleaning lady. She does the deep cleaning and it lets me focus on other things that need to be done.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:56 AM
8 moms liked this

Quoting shadow_lark: If I had to be honest, yea, a little. Why can't you clean your own home and do your own laundry? If you can't handle doing errands with one child, then why become a mom?

Being a mom doesn't mean you've signed up for housecleaning.  Being a mom doesn't mean you've signed up for 24/7 childcare.

I "could" clean my house, but choose not to.  Just like I don''t choose to cook every meal - sometimes we go out.  I have NO kids at home - but I have a very busy life and I don't LIKE housecleaning.  So I choose not to.  Doesn't affect our finances at all. We also have a gardener, and I send my husbands shirts out for laundering/ironing (I HATE to iron).

You do what works for you.

snarkius
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

No!  If it works for your family, it works.  Seriously, other moms get all judgy and weird which is something I thought only happened on the internet until my youngest started going to preschool.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)