Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please take your screaming, tantrum throwing toddler out of the restaurant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 333 Replies
10 moms liked this

I took my friend's daughter out to eat last night.  A few minutes after we sat down a family sat behind us.  The toddler started beating on the booth seat that was between us.  I ignored that.  Then I had ice dropped on my head so I turned around but didn't say anything.  Then came the sippy cup..on my head.  I handed it back and asked nicely for them to move the child to the other side because there was a wall behind that side of the booth. 

Well as soon as they switched sides...(Mom had to move with the baby)...the baby FREAKED OUT.  She was screaming bloody murder, hitting the table and wall, throwing stuff, and more.  The couple switched back trying to calm the kid down.  She still screamed. 

At this point someone at another table said something.

The mom responded.  She didn't sleep well last night and didn't take a nap.  She is tired.

Now maybe it is just me.  But if my kid was that tired...I would have gotten take out.

It made it hard to enjoy dinner with my friend's daughter and find out what was going on in the middle school world that is her life.  We ended up rushing through our meal and then went off to get ice cream in quiet.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:49 AM
90 moms liked this
They set their kid up for failure and forced everyone to deal with her terrible behavior. No one else gives a fuck what their excuse was. They failed to do their job as parents, on multiple levels.
casah4
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:51 AM
9 moms liked this

You are much more patient than I am.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:52 AM
6 moms liked this
Everyone has a right to eat out.
KsAangel25
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:53 AM
23 moms liked this
I have never and would never take a poorly behaved, cranky or tired toddler to a restaurant. It's beyond rude IMO.
lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:55 AM
12 moms liked this
I'd have gotten take out. Not only did that ruin everyone's meal but that poor child needed to be at home getting cuddles and sleep. Not at a restaurant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:56 AM
38 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous 2: Everyone has a right to eat out.

Until it infringes on everyone elses rights to enjoy dinner.  This kid disrupted the entire place. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting KsAangel25: I have never and would never take a poorly behaved, cranky or tired toddler to a restaurant. It's beyond rude IMO.

I agree.  Even at 8, 11, and 12...if it has been a long day and I don't feel like cooking..I don't take my kids out.  We order a pizza or grab take out chinese.  Then we eat and watch a movie or hit the hay early.  My kids are well past the tantrum phase...but they aren't super awesome when exhausted.

illogicalkat
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:58 AM
5 moms liked this

Well, not everyone is blessed with decent decision-making skills.

I wouldn't have taken my toddler out to eat if he was tired, but some people just don't care who else they make miserable.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:58 AM
5 moms liked this
I went out to lunch with a fellow CMer and her kid was a TERROR. I couldn't deal with it, I was so embarrassed. I'd have spanked her kid's butt if he'd been my son.
Baechlemom2
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:00 AM
6 moms liked this
I have taken my kids out of places for their behavior.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)