Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 weeks now.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
My ex hasn't seen his dd in 2 weeks. She had 3 weeks off from school, she goes back next week. I know he had days off, he could have came and got her. It seems the older she gets, the less time he wants to spend with her and she is only 5. I feel bad for my dd but at least my fiance is there for her.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:39 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:40 AM
Bump
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

The one you should feel bad for is her bio dad. Someday he'll turn around and she'll be all grown up with no room for him in her busy life. Luckily she has her mama to care about her and it sounds like your fiance is a pretty good guy too. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:56 AM
I should feel bed for him. Thank you and yeah my fiance is a great dad to her.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

The one you should feel bad for is her bio dad. Someday he'll turn around and she'll be all grown up with no room for him in her busy life. Luckily she has her mama to care about her and it sounds like your fiance is a pretty good guy too. :)

magicmama2011
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:00 PM

I feel bad for your daughter, too. I had to go through the same thing with my father. He was on bad drugs and wasn't in a good place in his life. He'd come into my life and then leave. Needless to say, I have abandoment issues. But dad and I are on great terms now that he got his life straightened out and he's been in my life for about four years now and hasn't left. :)

The best thing you can do is be there for her and support her in everything she does. (Which I'm sure you will.) It's not going to be easy for her. I wish you the best of luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:02 PM
Thank you. My ex has no excuse. He isn't on drugs or anything

Quoting magicmama2011:

I feel bad for your daughter, too. I had to go through the same thing with my father. He was on bad drugs and wasn't in a good place in his life. He'd come into my life and then leave. Needless to say, I have abandoment issues. But dad and I are on great terms now that he got his life straightened out and he's been in my life for about four years now and hasn't left. :)

The best thing you can do is be there for her and support her in everything she does. (Which I'm sure you will.) It's not going to be easy for her. I wish you the best of luck!

lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:04 PM
:(
magicmama2011
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:11 PM

You're welcome. Dang, I'm sorry. It's always harder when they don't have an excuse I think. I wish you luck. Maybe just go kick him in the ass and say "it's your daughter, too! Hang out with her!" Prolly won't do any good, but at least you get some anger out of your system, right? lol :)

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you. My ex has no excuse. He isn't on drugs or anything
Quoting magicmama2011:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:23 PM
Lol I wish. He hits back :/

Quoting magicmama2011:

You're welcome. Dang, I'm sorry. It's always harder when they don't have an excuse I think. I wish you luck. Maybe just go kick him in the ass and say "it's your daughter, too! Hang out with her!" Prolly won't do any good, but at least you get some anger out of your system, right? lol :)

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you. My ex has no excuse. He isn't on drugs or anything
Quoting magicmama2011:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:29 PM

We have the same situation my ex hasn't seen his son in almost 7 yrs . I do feel bad for my son in some regards but really I just have anger and feel like what a fool his bio dad is he is missing out on such a sweet and kind kid. My son is 15 but about 4 yrs ago his dad asked me to send him to bring him so he could have him for the summer and yes ,I refused he didn't know him from Adam so I told him no he had to come visit him a few times make sure he was comfortable with him and them I would allow it because my son has pretty bad anxieties about being in unfamiliar situations he made it clear he didn't even wan tot see him because it was intimidating situation but I was still going to to encourage it but I wasn't just going to drop my then 8 yr old off with a dad he hardly knows. Don't get me wrong I know his bio dad would never hurt him hes a decent human being besides not  being an active father  BUT still my son doesn't know him really. He couldn't be bothered to even do that and just acted like I was keeping his son away from him which has never been true because the only times he has seen him I drove him 9 hours both ways even flew with him when he lived farther away than he does now paid for my own hotel all this as a young single mom with no child support BTW because I thought it was important to make sure they had a relationship but he never offered to help with expenses or met me half way or come this way just to see him I always had to take him there and eventually I just codlnt do it witout help I was going to school full time and working full time and needed him to step up and he didnt . I am lucky enough to have married a man when my son was 3 that loves my son as much as I do and has never once not looked at him as not his .My son always says his bio dad is  not his dad his dad is the one who knows his friends and his interests and has been there everyday he can ever remember . I hope some day when my son is an adult he will feel ok with knowing his bio dad just because I think its important but if he doesn't feel like he wants that really its only his bio dad that is missing out on knowing a pretty amazing person .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)