Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just got a letter from fs/medicaid.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Asking for proof of age, residents, and earned income.

Sounds normal right?

Well what if I say no one in my house has applied for help?

4 years ago, my son and I was on temporary help. As I was a single mother who lost her job. We was on help for 2 months, till I had held my job for a month. (I wanted to make sure I got everything caught up, without having to worry about food.) I then went down to office and got off the foodstamps. Kept medical till I was able to get it thur work. (4 months.) Once I got that taken care of, I went and got off it.
I then met my husband, moved, and got married.

Out of no where I get this, in the paperwork, it also has my new address listed, my husband listed, his employer, and my new employer.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:44 AM

Call the number provided in the paperwork and inform them that you have not applied for assistance. Someone could be using your address to commit welfare fraud, it's best you get this sorted out.

Baechlemom2
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:45 AM
They did that to me once for food stamps. We were off of them for a long while then they randomly sent me this paper work. I ignored it though and they never sent me another thing for it or called.
jendawgrox2004
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:46 AM

Call them? That's odd. I wonder if someone is trying to commit fraud with your name.

cueballsmom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:46 AM
I'd call and find out what's going on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:46 AM
I plan to. I can't call till Monday tho. As I can't take calls or make out going calls, till I get a new phone. The speaker went out on it.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Call the number provided in the paperwork and inform them that you have not applied for assistance. Someone could be using your address to commit welfare fraud, it's best you get this sorted out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:47 AM
I plan to call them monday.

Quoting jendawgrox2004:

Call them? That's odd. I wonder if someone is trying to commit fraud with your name.

ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:47 AM
I would look up the number online and call it.... Just in case it's done sort of scam. That way I know for sure I'm calling the fs office. Them you can explain to them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:48 AM
I plan to on monday.

Quoting cueballsmom: I'd call and find out what's going on.
GaleJ
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:48 AM
In this day and age with all the fraud I don 't think I would ignore it. OP I would follow up to make sure someone isn't using your name/identity to claim benefits.
jendawgrox2004
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:48 AM

Good idea. That's really strange. :)

Quoting Anonymous 1: I plan to call them monday.
Quoting jendawgrox2004:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)