Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My friend got arrested for going to a concert in the park- WTH???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

How does a 58 year old white man who has lived in the same city for 21 years, get arrested for going to a concert in the park???

My best friend and I were very close until she died of cancer 11 years ago.  Her DS was 11 at the time.  I have remained close to H, and he has really tried to be a good father to A.  They have a great relationship now that he's 22, and living on his own.

H was laid off from a good job several years ago.  He got remarried, then got divorced, and sold his house and now rents a room.  H dated a woman named D for ten months, and they broke up.  They were dividing up things they had given each other.  H had a picture frame she wanted, and brought it to her house.  She had him arrested for tresspassing, a month ago.  He was taken to the police station, and the charges were dismissed because he didn't do anything wrong.  She did use that to get a restraining order against him, but not for the city either one of them live in, for the city I live in.  That was a month ago.

H just met someone else and took her to a concert in the park.  On his way back from the bathroom, he ran into D and some guy.  They exchanged a few words, just sarcastic, and while walking away, he flipped the bird into the air.  He went back to where the other woman was, and said they had to leave cuz the crazy was taping him and he didn't want trouble.  

Several cops showed up and arrested him for violating the restraining order!  They took him to jail and wouldn't let him use his cell to call anyone, or look in his wallet to find a credit card to post his bail.  He couldn't remember my home number (can't call to a cell), but he managed a quick text to A, saying I'm being arrested for being in a park.

A thought he'd be released on his own, but went to try to see him a few days later.  At that point, he realized this was more serious than he thought, and called me for help.  We found out that he was not going to be released until a week later, so we posted the $1,000 bail, and he was released early Thursday morning.

He came over last night, very grateful, paid us back the bond money, and explained what had happened. He hired a lawyer, who says it should be an easy case, cuz he couldn't violate a restraining order not in effect in the city she lives in (where this took place).  Restraining orders don't even apply to public places, and he was leaving the area at the time!

I just can't even believe something like this can even happen to a guy who I've known for 24 years, and is a normal, middle-aged man who does not belong in that awful place, with criminals!!!! 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
o.0
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

He wasn't arrested for going to a concert in a park.  He was arrested for breaking the restraining order.  By the way, would have been more acceptable if he had been a black man??  I don't understand how his being white has anything to do with this.

momngram
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:13 PM

He wasn't arrested for going to the park, he got arrested for violating the restraining order.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:17 PM
He should not have flipped the bird or talked to her. Period
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
If he didnt know she'd be there, he wasn't violating the order.
ChewyBrownies
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:20 PM
Why did you mention his race?
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:21 PM
What does him being white have to do with anything?
o.0
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:21 PM

I think she is hoping to rile people up.  She hasn't been back to answer anything.

Quoting ChewyBrownies: Why did you mention his race?

MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:25 PM
At least its an easy case
o.0
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:26 PM

It was a violation the moment he had contact with her.

Quoting Anonymous 4: If he didnt know she'd be there, he wasn't violating the order.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:29 PM

why did you tell us that whole backstory? that has nothing to do with anything

If she put a restraining order on him, he should have gotten  a lawyer and fought it...then he wouldn't have been in that position.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)