Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

recurring UTI

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:11 PM
  • 10 Replies
I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant I found out when I was 9 weeks due to a bad UTI, now I am starting to feel the same pain and I have blood in my urine. I had my daughter at the end of September and i got a UTI two weeks after birth. I got another UTI the begging of November, two in December and and one a few weeks ago when I found out I was pregnant.

The pain is excurating and makes having sex hell, my friend said I could be getting them becuase my boyfriend has it and we keep passing it back and forth between each other becuase he isn't taking anything to clear it up and that next time I get a atibotic I should give him one and it will clear it up, I don't know how true that is she said it worked for her sister and her husband.

What could be the reason I keep getting these infections I never got them like this before I had my daughter.
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emerald91
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:16 PM
Bump
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

UTIs are not sexually transmitted infections. Sexual activity can lead to a UTI but sexual partners do not need to be treated. - source here Urnary Tract infetion (UTI)

More info from there:

Prevention

You may be able to prevent (but not treat) UTIs by doing the following:

• Drink six to eight glasses of water a day.
  • Drink a lot of unsweetened cranberry juice.
  • Urinate often.
  • Urinate before and after sex.
  • Wipe from front to back after going to the bathroom.
  • Wear loose pants.
  • Wear cotton underpants and choose pantyhose with a cotton crotch.
  • Do not douche.
  • Bathe frequently.

If you think you have a UTI you should:

• Avoid drinking coffee, tea, pop, beer, wine, etc.
  • Avoid orange juice as it turns alkaline in your body.
  • Take vitamin C as it is a natural diuretic that will cause you to urinate more.

The worst thing you can do is to restrict fluid intake and urination, so make sure you drink plenty of fluids and go to the bathroom as much and as often as your body needs.

I would bet taking to my Dr about what could be going on and what I can do to help stop it.

emerald91
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:31 PM
Yea I didn't think that they were, thanks for the link I have a appt this afternoon.

Quoting Raeann11:

UTIs are not sexually transmitted infections. Sexual activity can lead to a UTI but sexual partners do not need to be treated. - source here Urnary Tract infetion (UTI)

More info from there:

Prevention

• Urinate often.
  • Wear loose pants.
  • Do not douche.
  • Bathe frequently.

• Take vitamin C as it is a natural diuretic that will cause you to urinate more.

The worst thing you can do is to restrict fluid intake
and urination, so make sure you drink plenty of fluids and go to the
bathroom as much and as often as your body needs.

I would bet taking to my Dr about what could be going on and what I can do to help stop it.

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:36 PM

Your welcome, I had one a few months ago for the first time. It was awful.

Quoting emerald91: Yea I didn't think that they were, thanks for the link I have a appt this afternoon.
Quoting Raeann11:

More info from there:

Prevention

• Urinate often.
  • Wear loose pants.
  • Do not douche.
  • Bathe frequently.

The worst thing you can do is to restrict fluid intake and urination, so make sure you drink plenty of fluids and go to the bathroom as much and as often as your body needs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:41 PM

No sugar and lots of water, wear cotton undies, always clean up after sex, pee more.

I have had recurring UTI's since I was a baby and it is because of bad kidneys and bladder problems. Doing all of these things has mostly cleared it up OH and do not use regular soap down there. Get the PH balanced summers eve or just use cool water. That can cause UTI's as well.

emerald91
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:13 PM
Thank you

Quoting Anonymous 1:

No sugar and lots of water, wear cotton undies, always clean up after sex, pee more.

I have had recurring UTI's since I was a baby and it is because of bad kidneys and bladder problems. Doing all of these things has mostly cleared it up OH and do not use regular soap down there. Get the PH balanced summers eve or just use cool water. That can cause UTI's as well.

Not_A_Native
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting emerald91: Yea I didn't think that they were, thanks for the link I have a appt this afternoon.
Quoting Raeann11:

More info from there:

Prevention

• Urinate often.
  • Wear loose pants.
  • Do not douche.
  • Bathe frequently.

All of this, plus cut WAY down on sugar.  It's in lots of things, and may be sucrose, fructose, etc.  Also, fruit has sugar in it - cut back on fruit, but up the veggies.

newma86
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:20 PM

UTI's are very common during pregnancy! I have had three of them during this pregnancy and this is my first child. I'm about 8 1/2 months pregnant and have learned a lot. I had to take a low dose of antibotics those three times and they told me to drink cranberry juice and drink water. When you pee try to get it all out by bending over. And make sure you go all the way, and don't hold back the urge to pee. 

Your boyfriend should go to the dr for his own antibiotics you shoudn't give him yours because what works for you may not work for him and vice versa. 

newma86
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:22 PM

This exactly! 

Quoting Raeann11:

More info from there:

Prevention

• Urinate often.
  • Wear loose pants.
  • Do not douche.
  • Bathe frequently.

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:26 PM
Hey some d Mannose powder and take it everyday

Pee right after sex

No tampons

No thongs

Drink lots of water

No soda
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)