Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40 is the new 30

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
My 40 something coworkers life are pretty freaking amazing. I'm 30 and they are running circles around me and the other 30 something girls here in the office. They're fitter, happier, confient and have less stress. I don't know if its because their kids are grown or what!

Can't wait to turn 40 lmao
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:48 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:51 PM
Bump
okeydokie
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I walk through my 30 in a foggy haze of exhaustion. As my kids get older and more self-reliant, I am slowly coming back to my old self. I really miss that girl. As I approach 40, I am really hoping to get that girl back. It's a goal, & it takes work.

Plus as people mature in their careers, & have typically already made all the big purchases (house, cars) it's time to sit back and enjoy. :)
NellieKane
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:53 PM
5 moms liked this

Because by 40, you are much more comfortable in your own skin and own it!  

marilyn monroe animated GIF

PrncssToadstool
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:53 PM

26 feels pretty awesome to me.

Salut123
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:56 PM

I am 43 turning 44. Some people my age look amazing, while others have let it all fall apart. It does require more effort at this age, especially with diet. You can no longer eat a bagel or chips for lunch and feel great all afternoon. Carbs are no longer your friend.

angl_gurl1
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:56 PM

im gettling close to 40, ill be 34 this year. i cant wait for the age where i can stop having aunt flo visit. i look forward to getting older for some things and some things make me not want to get older

bry36
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:31 PM

I am 39 and there is a certain part of you that feel more grounded and secure and  really ok with who you are as you get older .its not all great though seeing crows feet start and you def cant eat like you used to I work out several times a week and still have to count every calorie and if you do have a small gain it seems like it takes twice as long to lose It . Yes its nice to have your kids older and more independent but its awful at the same time I feel like I am going to blink and he will be out on his own and what I wouldn't give for him to be little again as tiring as it was what I wouldn't give to live in those moments again even the ones where I just wanted to pack a bag and run away from it all becasue I was so tired and was being pulled in so many directions LOL . 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:32 PM

I turn 40 this year.. Im loving it..

Especially on here with all the younger ones who are not so self assured as I am.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:34 PM
It all depends.
My husband is 43 and half his kids are almost grown. But our two are still young and will have more!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)