Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you are that jealous...you need some help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 78 Replies

I work in an office of mostly guys.  Every Friday we all go to lunch together.  Sometimes we some of us go toghether throughout the week.  If the other girl or I go with the group at all...this one guy HAS to bring his wife.  She doesn't want him eating with other females....even though there are about 10 guys plus the 2 of us girls.  He also can't have any girls in his car. 

He also can't go to any establishment such as Hooters, Twin Peaks, Wing Daddy's, or any other place that has girls dressed in a way his wife doesn't approve.

He lives about two blocks from me.  One morning after my husband had left for work I discovered my car wouldn't start.  I needed to get my kid to school and get to work.  My daughter's school is directly across the street from where I work.  I called and asked for a ride.  His wife came and picked me up and dropped my daughter and I off....right behind him all the way.

Just a bit over the top.  I can see a little jealousy...but this takes the cake.  She doesn't like him to be alone in the office or on equipment with a female...but sometimes that can't be helped.  If it happens..he is supposed to text her and let her know.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaseyrose21
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:23 PM
Fuck that! Time for a divorce!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:25 PM
3 moms liked this
I wonder if it's always been like this or if he did something to lose her trust.
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:25 PM
4 moms liked this

Perhaps he did something that caused her to feel this way and doesn't want to fess up to his coworkers.  

NellieKane
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:26 PM
4 moms liked this

I would have to wonder what happened in the relationship to break trust.  Has he crossed lines?  Lied about things?  I think a lack of trust and a lack of any sense of security in the relationship itself contribute to those things.  

PacMan80
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:26 PM
Wow. She's extreme.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:26 PM
Good Lord. He must have done something.she should have left him if so. How can anyone live that way????
SAHM927
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:28 PM
This. Maybe you don't know their situation.

Quoting mommytoeandb:

Perhaps he did something that caused her to feel this way and doesn't want to fess up to his coworkers.  

morrigan914
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Not your marriage, not your problems. Maybe he has lost her trust in the past? Maybe he likes her insanely insecure? Either way, none of your business.
whoodathunk
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:28 PM

I cannot see being in a relationship where there is so little trust!  At least she's willing to pitch in and doesn't just make him say no.

PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

He doesn't seem to mind. Why let it bother you?   My husband would also not be going to those places and he surely wouldn't be going out to lunch or getting into a car alone with female co-workers. Not because "I" say so, but, because thats how he is. I was the first woman besides his mother to ever sit in one of his cars.  Some men prefer not to socialize with women they are not married or related to.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)