Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No...you can't have the WiFi password

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

My two oldest kids are 11 and 12.  About a month ago a family moved in next door with kids around the same age.  A few months before that a family moved in across the street with kids fairly close to them in age.  They have come over several times to hang out or whatever with my kids.....except....they bring tablets or ipods or phones and don't really interact.

Yesterday two of them asked for the WiFi password so they could play some game.  NO. 

My kids will try to get them on the trampoline, outside, or whatever.  Only ONE out of the four kids will ever do anything besides stare at a tablet at our house.

I want to institute a no electronics rule.  Why come over to hang out with my kids if you are only going to stare at a screen.  Hell...they won't even play on the PS4 or something.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2015 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 3:47 PM
3 moms liked this
It honestly just sounds like you are being used as a babysitter. If those kids aren't coming over to play then they can stay home and use their electronics there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 3:48 PM

Tell them no electronics.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 3:49 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: It honestly just sounds like you are being used as a babysitter. If those kids aren't coming over to play then they can stay home and use their electronics there.

They want my kids to play some of these games with them.  But my two oldest share a tablet...soo not really an option.  Also..I feel kids should be playing and not staring at a screen

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 3:49 PM
There is no reason for them to be at your house if they are all on electronics.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 3:51 PM
I would tell the kids and the parents no electronics, because I do not want to be responsible if they break or go missing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 3:51 PM

Quoting Anonymous 4: There is no reason for them to be at your house if they are all on electronics.

I wouldn't care if they were playing MineCraft together on the PS4 or something else.  We also have an Air Hockey table in the game room.  Tons of board games. 

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:04 PM

it's your house, just tell them to leave their tablets at home. if they want to play with them then they can go to their own house. i wouldn't want the liability in my house that frequently anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)