Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm adopting my sisters

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
Long story short my little sister were taken away from my dad. One is 3 the other is 6 months my daughter is 9 months. I,was ready to do this and yesterday I signed papers with,cps to do a background check on me. The courts have final say obviously. Today e everyone kept calling me crazy and I'm too young I'm only 22. I officially am having second thoughts. What should i do
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amber5151
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:25 PM
4 moms liked this
I think you are a wonderful person for trying to give your sisters a better life.
catrig
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this
If you can do it go for it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:35 PM
Thank you.... that's all I wanted for them but I worry about my dd and if I can handle it...

Quoting Amber5151: I think you are a wonderful person for trying to give your sisters a better life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:39 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:40 PM

Do you have a husband or boyfriend to help you out? 

I know if my sisters or brothers ever needed me to take them in or adopt them, I would without even thinking about it. My youngest sibling is 8. 

Donna.June
by Pigpen on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:42 PM
I think you are an amazing woman and sister :)
fostermommy1
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's wonderful!  Next time somebody tells you you're crazy quote the oh so wise Chesire Cat..."I'm mad...You're mad...We're all a little mad here."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:52 PM
I am engaged and we are both willing to get married at anytime if we have to ...just to get custody

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Do you have a husband or boyfriend to help you out? 

I know if my sisters or brothers ever needed me to take them in or adopt them, I would without even thinking about it. My youngest sibling is 8. 

bigmouthbabe
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:54 PM
If you feel you are over your heard speak up now! Taking your sisters will be difficult, but you can do it. Do not let others concern or doubt tear you up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:55 PM

I took my sister (12) when I was 19. I had a good career, put her in private school. Her mom just signed her over to me when she got "tired of being her mom".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)