Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

thinking about leaving my husband.

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:36 PM
  • 20 Replies
My husband spends money like you wouldn't believe. He buys a pack of cigarettes every day yes he smokes that much yes I've tired to get him to stop. These 5 dollars are adding up. He blew though our 6,000 dollar tax return. Blew though our savings. I've tired putting him on an "allowance" I've tired to help him not spend as much I've tried to cut him off from the money. I've tired being nice about it I've tired being a bitch. He doesn't get it. I have 1(one) dollar on our account. He sees no problem with that. I can't buy myself a pair of jeans because I don't have the money to.

I love him but he doesn't care we don't have any monet God forbid something happens to the car or our son or something. I can't fix it with a dollar.

I'm so upset I'm crying. He's NOT getting it.

I guess I AM wrong.
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:38 PM
He blows all your money and his money on smokes? Oh hell no
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this
If he smoked Before y'all met you're fighting a losing battle. But gl Hon.
all2gethernow
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:41 PM
This was my ex. That's why he's my ex. He didn't pay the mortgage for six months and lost our house-all while diverting bills to his moms house so I wouldn't find out. Where the money went, I have no clue. He was making 75k a year at the time, and I never saw a cent. He denied it straight up until they auctioned the house off, then moved to his moms and left me and the kids homeless. Divorce...
C8linVilla
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:43 PM

easy fix! Get the money first Keep it in cash hidden in the house or in a bank acount he does NOT know about!! I take $200 from hubs checks every week and i have it hidden in a spot he doesnt know exists! Super easy. If its a joint account just make a savings in YOUR name. He will not be able to get added to it without you and you are the only one who can see it. 

C8linVilla
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I took the taxes and paid Comcast, water, electricity and house taxes for the yr. For a full 12 months. then that just leaves mortgage and cell phones a month. Cut $400 a month out of our bills which allowes us to A) not live paycheck to paycheck and B) allows us to save and buy things for the kids. I highly recommed that to anyone who lives paycheck to paycheck. It goes fast but it lasts 12 months

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:48 PM

what, besides smokes, is he buying?

chelseakeel38
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:53 PM
I don't see why that matters? He refuses to take his lunch so he buys it McDonald's, Wendy's, sushi. Then he goes out and buys Stupid things. Like a digital clock for his car (it doesn't have one it's an older car) it was 15 bucks. A 25 dollar phone charger that broke a week later. Its adding up and fucking us over.

Quoting mojogirl:

ChrissyReznor
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:53 PM
You need to have control of all the money and if he needs something you buy it
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:56 PM

you only mentioned the cigarettes so it helps to have some context on what he's spending the money on. 

yes, it sounds like he has a spending problem and little to no accountability over his finances. time to cut him off. you're gonna have to take control over the situation and figure out the best way to limit his access to the money. i imagine this won't be easy. good luck!

Quoting chelseakeel38: I don't see why that matters? He refuses to take his lunch so he buys it McDonald's, Wendy's, sushi. Then he goes out and buys Stupid things. Like a digital clock for his car (it doesn't have one it's an older car) it was 15 bucks. A 25 dollar phone charger that broke a week later. Its adding up and fucking us over.
Quoting mojogirl:

chelseakeel38
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:56 PM
I've tired that. He flipped out saying I was treating him like a kid. I told him he was 100% right because he's acting like one. This is our lively hood.

Quoting ChrissyReznor: You need to have control of all the money and if he needs something you buy it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)