Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aunt Flo TMI

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
I've been having one of those days... It seems the older I get the worse it gets. I bled right through a super flow pad. I was at home, thankfully. That hasn't happened since I was a teenager. I had only been wearing it for an hour. It's lightened up since then, but it's still heavy. My periods are also lasting 7 days now when they only used to be 4 days. Has anyone else suddenly had their periods get worse as they age? I'm 30, btw. I'm just asking for experiences here, not medical advice. When I need the medical advice I will see a doctor. Thanks.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:52 PM

have not experienced this. and hope i don't. i'm in my mid-30s and aside from being pregnant, my period has always been the same. what's your gyno say?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:54 PM

dang... that seems young.  the ladies I know who had horrible periods due to perimanapuse had ablations.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:56 PM
Mine seem to last a bit longer and i bled thru the other day too (havnt done that in a long time) I think its hormonal. Im 38. Fibroids can cause heavier bleeding tho...just fyi.
lucille.bluth
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:58 PM
After I had my youngest I went for 2 1/2 days to 7 days. I'm sure it's just hormon changes.
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Apr. 10, 2015 at 5:00 PM
After my miscarriage my cycles changed. They got shorter overall, but I bled longer each cycle. I'm hoping it goes back to normal after this pregnancy.
CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 5:02 PM
Mine have been super heavy for the first couple days (usually the second is the WORST), but for the last year or so they've been 3-4 days tops, so I'll take it. I'll be 40 this summer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 5:03 PM
That's the problem. We moved out of state recently and finding a doctor and getting an appointment is a chore. Places either don't take my insurance or there is a three month wait. So I'm waiting. And waiting!

Quoting mojogirl:

have not experienced this. and hope i don't. i'm in my mid-30s and aside from being pregnant, my period has always been the same. what's your gyno say?

LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 5:06 PM
Mine has gotten worse with age. My gyno said ots normal. I am 43 and ready for menopause, although anytime I say that post menopausal women remind me that menopause has its own awfullness.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 5:07 PM
My mother started going through menopause in her mid 30s. Her sisters had problems, though I'm not sure what kinds of problems. They all had hysterectomies by 40. My mom is the only one out of her 4 sisters that didn't get her uterus removed. I'm hoping I'm not going down the same path... Damn genetics!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

dang... that seems young.  the ladies I know who had horrible periods due to perimanapuse had ablations.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 5:11 PM

When's the last time you visited your gyno?  I think there are many things that can cause excessive period bleeding.  The ones that I personally have experienced are elevated liver enzymes and a hormone imbalance.  Taking fish oil helped, having my gallbladder removed helped, and taking regular iron supplements helped too.  Are you overweight?  That contributed to my hormone imbalance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)