Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 6 yr old got in trouble for saying B**** at school...

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 5:07 PM
  • 13 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Because he read it off the playground. I can't believe he was punished for reading it off THEIR playground. He was made to sit out the entire recess. His teacher agreed there should have been no punishment. I talked to my ds about this word and why it was not appropriate to say. He said "Cross my heart! I didn't know!" Lol.

Anyway, I asked that it be removed as soon as possible. This was the beginning of last week. I checked today while we were playing at the school after ds got out of class. It's STILL there. I am not happy. There is also a lovely drawing...

All they would have to do is take a magic eraser and wipe it off. Not hard. In fact, I think I'll go back up there and do it myself. The principal will also be getting a call from me. It's ridiculous to be aware of this issue and do nothing about it. I'm so irritated by this!
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 5:09 PM

My 18 year old got in trouble for saying 'shit' in school.  He was in a conversation with a classmate, outside of the classroom, and let the word slip   He had to sit out half a basketball game.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 5:59 PM

Your 6 year old doesn't know that bitch is a "bad" word and is innapropriate to say at school, to say period?

AnonyMinnie
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:14 PM

Fucked up that shit is on the school playground and they have not removed it yet???!!!

toriandgrace
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:17 PM
My child didn't know that word at 6. Or any profanity beyond shit probably. Many parents choose not to swear in front of their kids. I'm more impressed that he could read it. The "tch" is hard for a 6 year old to sound out.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Your 6 year old doesn't know that bitch is a "bad" word and is innapropriate to say at school, to say period?

DarkSoloKnight0
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:20 PM
I'm quite sure he heard it elsewhere as well. I don't blame them for giving him a punishment. Yes he is only 6yrs old but hopefully this was a small lesson he learned. Kids will pick up a lot of things from school and that's where we as adults come in and show them right from wrong.
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:21 PM
I'd not punish a student for reading it. He was trying to sound it out and successfully did. It is sad some feel a 6 yo should already know the word and probably did it on purpose. Smh.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:22 PM
I don't think my 8 year old has ever heard "bitch" unless she heard it at school. It's not a word we use, not that we don't cuss bitch is just not a word we use.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:56 PM
No, he had never heard that word. Maybe shit, damn, hell... But not bitch.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:57 PM
Lol, yeah he's reading chapter books right now. He's a great reader.

Quoting toriandgrace: My child didn't know that word at 6. Or any profanity beyond shit probably. Many parents choose not to swear in front of their kids. I'm more impressed that he could read it. The "tch" is hard for a 6 year old to sound out.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:59 PM
Where would he hear the word bitch? He's in first grade. It was definitely a lesson learned. We talked about it.

Quoting DarkSoloKnight0: I'm quite sure he heard it elsewhere as well. I don't blame them for giving him a punishment. Yes he is only 6yrs old but hopefully this was a small lesson he learned. Kids will pick up a lot of things from school and that's where we as adults come in and show them right from wrong.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)