Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son was lost for an hour

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

Today I had to work until 4p.m. Like always My mother or father picks up the boys from school. Today was my mothers turn. 

About 3:30 I receive a call from my mother that my son was not at the school. She went looking and could not find him. I call the school and they do a lock down (yes, they even do this after school hours if a child is missing) to check if he was still in the building. A 10 minute search found he was not in the building. 

About 10 minutes later I have the school on one phone and my mother on another. My niece seen my son walking with another kid. We give the school the name and they said they didn't have that kid in the school (later found that they put a similar name but not him (like using bick when the kids name was mick). 

With no other oppions I have my mother call the cops and my replacement showed up I left work to find him.

With one call the to police we had him found the child was the son of the city hall manager so they knew right away who to call and check if he was there. In 5 minutes my mother had my son.

So now he is writing letters to:

the ladys in the school office- for staying late until he was found

the parents of the child- for lieing about having permission to go over there

My niece - for helpping find him by knowing  the name of the child

My father - for going out and searching for him

the police - for finding him

and my boss- for causing me to leave work early to search for him.

He is not allowed to go anywhere all weekend long, no games for a week. 

My heart is still racing...... We had another child go missing in the area two weeks ago, who is still missing.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
NellieKane
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:09 PM

There have been a lot of children going missing all over the place.  That would give me heart attack.  I am glad he is okay!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:11 PM

those seem like very reasonable consequences.  Im sorry that you had such a scare.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)