Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I lost 200lbs 13 years ago.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this
My divorce was final 13 years ago today.

The catalyst?

Well my DH and I and my 2 step children were eating at a Chinese buffet. My stepson, who was 6 at the time, asked me to get him some soup. As I was ladling some in the bowl he grabbed on my outstretched arm to swing on it like a pole. The scalding got soup got all over his (thankfully covered) chest and my bare arm. I picked him up and ran to the bathroom to apply cold water to his chest and get his shirt off. Thankfully, I got the shirt off in time and he only had a very small amount of red. He was scared, and crying but OK. My burns were more severe, as the brunt of it landed on my bare flesh. I have some scarring still visible from it when I tan. Thankfully thiugh, it wasn't THAT bad.

DH came into the bathroom, took his son from my arms and told me to go pack my things. I was not welcome at home any more. He refused to allow me to see the kids. He refused to tell me if SS was okay. He wanted an immediate divorce on the grounds that I was a danger to his children.

I never batted an eyelash about divorcing him. It was instantly falling out of love. To this day I still miss, and feel warmly to the kids, but if a man who was supposed to know and love me felt I was a danger to a child... We could not be compatible as husband and wife.

I never married again. I've never even dated. That feeling of betrayal is not worth trying again.

I have a son, through donor bank. Hes 12 and my world. He is all I need.

That's my story.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:18 PM

WOW....sounds like you are better off with out that Jerk in your life. Didn't he even let you explain what really happened?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:27 PM
No he never did. Just assumed I hurt him on purpose for no reason.

He was always like that though. He assumed the worst in me in everything. That was the last straw for both of us.

I bet when he tells the story he tells about his evil child hating ex.

But I was never a bad person. He was just a jerk. He used to tell me horrible things about his ex. I never believed them, and I bet they weren't true.

Quoting Sassy762:

WOW....sounds like you are better off with out that Jerk in your life. Didn't he even let you explain what really happened?

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:29 PM

Then be very thankful you are away from that Jerkass.....smdh

Quoting Anonymous 1: No he never did. Just assumed I hurt him on purpose for no reason. He was always like that though. He assumed the worst in me in everything. That was the last straw for both of us. I bet when he tells the story he tells about his evil child hating ex. But I was never a bad person. He was just a jerk. He used to tell me horrible things about his ex. I never believed them, and I bet they weren't true.
Quoting Sassy762:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:33 PM
I very much am. I am happier now than I ever was with him. I do wish I hadn't had to lose the kids too, they were wonderful little people. But by now they are probably psychos like their father. Shame, really.

Quoting Sassy762:

Then be very thankful you are away from that Jerkass.....smdh

Quoting Anonymous 1: No he never did. Just assumed I hurt him on purpose for no reason.

He was always like that though. He assumed the worst in me in everything. That was the last straw for both of us.

I bet when he tells the story he tells about his evil child hating ex.

But I was never a bad person. He was just a jerk. He used to tell me horrible things about his ex. I never believed them, and I bet they weren't true.

Quoting Sassy762:

Salut123
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:34 PM

There had t be problems before this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:40 PM
Well what do you mean? We had a tumultuous marriage, yes. I always loved him and thought he did me. But he was often jumping to conclusions and assuming the worst in me. Accusing me of cheating when I never did. Calling me a liar. Stuff like that. But he had issues.

If you think I was bad to his kids. I wasn't. They were babies, only 6&8 when we split. Both were in diapers when we met. I loved them very much.

Quoting Salut123:

There had t be problems before this

almburr
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:43 PM
Are you in contact with the step kids anymore? If so how do they feel?
jamamama00
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:43 PM
Sounds like he was mentally ill
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:45 PM
I wonder if the kid ever told him what happened. That dude sounds like a total mess.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:02 PM
I am not. He wouldn't allow me to have any contact. I thought about looking for them on facebook.

Quoting almburr: Are you in contact with the step kids anymore? If so how do they feel?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)