Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever skipped a year or more on filing taxes?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:51 PM

No....what's the point? Either you should be getting a refund and if you wait you no longer will not be able to e-file, or you owe and you risk having the IRS on your ass. As a financially responsible adult it makes not sense.

.PinkSunshine.
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:52 PM

Yeah years like an idiot because I forgot about it, and ended up with penalties. They snatched my refund one year. I don't owe anything now.

Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:52 PM
Uhhh, no
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:57 PM
Dh's has dishes out so much money this past week in fixing his rig. At this point we don't even have the money to get our taxes done. This sucks. I don't know what to do? 😕
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:58 PM

No, never

ColieO
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:59 PM
Do them yourself?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Dh's has dishes out so much money this past week in fixing his rig. At this point we don't even have the money to get our taxes done. This sucks. I don't know what to do? 😕
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:02 PM
I haven't but if you dont and you owe you'll be subject to penalties. If you are getting a refund you have 3 years to file. After the 3 years you lose it.
mes_deux_amours
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:02 PM

nope

PacMan80
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:03 PM
Ask for an extension.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Dh's has dishes out so much money this past week in fixing his rig. At this point we don't even have the money to get our taxes done. This sucks. I don't know what to do? 😕
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:05 PM
Yes. My husband is an accountant and is always trying to avoid paying. We have extended our taxes into the next year and done pretty much every trick in the book. The IRS finally got their act together and now require our W2s be set at Married 0 so enough taxes are taken out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)