Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this social worker really said this.!!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:16 PM
  • 9 Replies
Here's a little back story. My daughter was born with a heart defect and was failure to thrive. She had to learn to take the bottle once her surgery was over with and she was doing good so she got to go home. Well at 4 months old, she refused her bottle and wouldn't eat anything.! I didn't know what to do, she had a feeding tube in place but I was nervous thinking it was gonna hurt her (I was a first time mom and I used it every since they nurses helped me learn it again).. Back to it, she started losing weight (I did daily weigh ins for her doctor) I took her to the ER where she got admitted to the ICU and I told them she kept flat out refusing her milk (she was on a high calorie diet).. The social worker comes in the next day and basically said the next time she comes to the hospital for losing weight that she was gonna call CPS on me for neglect. I asked why would you do that when I called you guys for 3 days straight to report her weight loss and they kept telling me to keep trying and lower the calories a little. On the 3rd day they called me and told me to bring her in ASAP and I did.! She weighed about 9 pounds when she got admitted and they fed her through the g tube overnight and they did the weigh in early the next morning and she lost even more weight in the hospital (she kept throwing up there). So that same day, the social worker came in and apologized for what she said yesterday.

Sorry so long but I was so shocked at this social worker seeing how she knew me from the (which i basically lived there for 6 weeks until my baby came home) ICU and we always had pleasant talks.
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Choobang
by Choo Choo on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:20 PM
2 moms liked this
I am shocked she even apologized. How is DD doing now?
AngelicHughes
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
She's doing so good now. Shes still small for her age but nothing to worry about anymore ☺.

Quoting Choobang: I am shocked she even apologized. How is DD doing now?
cmmember
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
This and sorry you are going through all this when your life is already stressful. Hugs

AngelicHughes
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:28 PM
Thank you 😊

Quoting cmmember: This and sorry you are going through all this when your life is already stressful. Hugs

Choobang
by Choo Choo on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:33 PM
I hope she continues to thrive. All the best to you and your daughter. (Hugs)

Quoting AngelicHughes: She's doing so good now. Shes still small for her age but nothing to worry about anymore ☺.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:35 PM
Did you speak to her higher up?
I hope your little one is doing better.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:45 PM
Hugs. I'm sorry.
chickensmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:46 PM
F her. Like you aren't going through enough already!!

I hope your little one starts putting on some weight!
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 11, 2015 at 1:54 AM

Damnnnnnnnnnnnn......At least the Twat Apologized before you had to go above her head.

I hope your DD is okay now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)