Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cigarettes and beer

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I'm starting to feel like cigarettes and beer are the only things I get excited about. I quit smoking for a year but I've become desperate for any distraction. I can't drink often since I'm a SAHM but I look forward to times that I can. My life is one disappointment after another the last few years. My anxiety is out of control. I'm so worried about how I come off to other people that I don't know who I am anymore. I've stopped talking to almost everyone because I don't want to be Debbie Downer. I've stopped all activities that I used to enjoy. I don't even like tv and I frequently realize that I'm sitting in an empty room staring at the wall, completely zoned out. I've felt suicidal on and off for the last two years. I attempted treatment and it was a disappointment too so I stopped going. I did intake for a support group through the hospital that I was too anxious to actually attend.
I don't know what to do anymore. I can't keep living like this but it seems like too much work to dig myself out of this. Any advice?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:31 PM

Mobile Photo

redo
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:33 PM
Go to Walmart and pick up some stress tabs. It will take the edge off your anxiety enough to pursue a hobby again. They aren't like, cure alls by any means. But they will get you out of the house doing what you actually want to do long enough for you to remember why you liked doing it in the first place and then you can drop them.

If that doesn't work, push yourself to see someone about your mental health, because this is serious business. We are talking about your happiness, your life here. And by extension also your kids happiness and lives.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:34 PM

Go to treatment and attend the support group through the hospital even if you do not want to go. Cigarettes and beer should not be the only things you get excited about. Quit smoking now that you know you can. Talk to your doctor about treatment for your anixety.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:44 PM
I talked to them about my anxiety but I was told that I don't have it. Even after my first panic attack they said it was just stress, not anxiety. I hate the thought of going through the whole mental health thing again because they never listen to me. I've been through the whole thing three times since I was 17 and every time I'm given completely different diagnosis.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Go to treatment and attend the support group through the hospital even if you do not want to go. Cigarettes and beer should not be the only things you get excited about. Quit smoking now that you know you can. Talk to your doctor about treatment for your anixety.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:53 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1: I talked to them about my anxiety but I was told that I don't have it. Even after my first panic attack they said it was just stress, not anxiety. I hate the thought of going through the whole mental health thing again because they never listen to me. I've been through the whole thing three times since I was 17 and every time I'm given completely different diagnosis.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

If they tell you it is stress then ask them for treatment of stress. Tell them that your having panic attacks and request treatment to cope with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)