Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good swingset for 9yr old +?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I'm looking at swingset for my 7yr old, but most of the swingsets say they're designed for up to 8yrs old. I'd rather not have just one year of use, but my 7yr old still likes swings and slides and really wants a playset for our backyard.

We don't really want to spend more than $350. I've tried searching on a few sites and limiting the age range, but I'm still getting things clearly designed for younger kids (ie toddler playsets) and reviews that say the swingsets are very low to the ground. So does anyone on here have good personal experience with a certain swingset?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JTROX
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:39 PM

We built a wooden one several years ago.  My 10 year old can still use it.  I don't know if you can get one for extended years in that price range.

mom2devin11005
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:42 PM

https://www.walmart.com/ip/34227498   We just bought this one for our 10 yr old and 3 yr old.... I wish it was a little bigger for my son however it does have a little fort at the top by the slide that he uses for playing nerf wars with his friends and he still does play with his little sister on it.... it is a little higher than your price point but we couldn't find any sets for your $350 price point because that was our original price too

LovlyRita
by Meter Maid on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:44 PM

Mobile Photo

My dream would be to buy a commercial swing set. Just the swings, no need for the rest. Like at a park. My yard is just too small.

I realize it's double the budget. :)
Ryansmom2004
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:47 PM
Go to Lowe's or Home Depot. You can buy the woo, brackets, etc and build your own. You can pick the pieces out that she'll actually use. Layer down the road you can use it for grandkids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2015 at 12:09 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2015 at 12:12 AM
There is a cute wooden one at toys r us with a club house on top, my kids are 11, 7, and 4 and love it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)