Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday parties

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:05 PM
  • 10 Replies

I keep going back and forth on this. So our school has a policy that if you send invites to school you either have to invite all of the same gender or the whole class. I'm fine with this, i'm just not sure what i want to do. the class size is 17/18 and about 6 of them are the same gender. I'm afraid if i do gender only we will end up with like 1 or 2 kis and if i do the whole class i'm afraid we'll end up with toooo many. As i know more moms with the opposite gender (as in we do the same activities with our kids not that i know them on a personal level). Right now I am planning on inviting the whole class in hopes of having 6-8 kids say they will come :/. Stuff like this makes me anxious. What do you normally do?

ETA: I feel like i should add that my child is in first grade and going to turn 7. If that makes a difference.

by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:07 PM
I give the invitations out after school hours. I don't invite the entire class.
SamanthaSage
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:08 PM
Here's a bump. My kid isn't school age yet.
imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:08 PM
I just invite the kids I want to invite.
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:10 PM
I mailed invites out. I didn't want to have to invite the whole class. I really appreciated the directory they sent out every year.
ilovemykids323
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:14 PM

i wish our school did a directory that would make life much easier. 

Quoting Kaelaasmom: I mailed invites out. I didn't want to have to invite the whole class. I really appreciated the directory they sent out every year.

razorbackfan
by BadgerMom on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:16 PM
I've always invite the whole class. When they enter middle school they get to choose a few friends to come over for a sleepover or go somewhere fun.
KnotFoo
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:17 PM

How about you just get phone numbers and actually socialize with the parents and invite them OUT of school?

PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:18 PM

If we did birthday parties, I would invite the whole class. I don't like having kids feel left out. 

OxbAbIebxO
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:21 PM
We invite the whole class. This year it was 16 kids we invited. If I recall correctly we had 8 come, 2 say they couldn't come, and the rest ignore the invite.

He is also in first grade, turned 6 in October.
ilovemykids323
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:25 PM

That's just not who I am, I will socilize but i'm not the outgoing type at all. I'm okay with inviting the class or gender only so not a big deal to me.

Quoting KnotFoo:

How about you just get phone numbers and actually socialize with the parents and invite them OUT of school?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)