Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday party!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
My daughter turns 7 in June so we are trying to figure out a birthday party. She's always had one at the local park splash pad with family. She wants to do something else this year. We've considered the zoo, chuck e cheese, and finally build a bear which we've really been thinking of.

You have to have 6 kids at least and pay a minimum of 12.00 a child. I was thinking of giving each child a limit of 15.00-20.00 on me for there animal but then there parents would be responsible for clothes or accessories they want. Is that tacky? I figured then we could have cake in the food court if that's allowed and I'd get each of the kids a happy meal from chick fil a. Would you take your child to a party like that? Any other party ideas or suggestions. Thanks!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:15 PM
If I was sending my child I would expect the entire party was paid by the hostess. If you can't afford the entire bear find a different venue.
toriandgrace
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:15 PM
I would be fine with it. You can get the smaller stuffed animal for $12 and have $8 left for clothes. Parents wouldn't have to pitch in much if they didn't want to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:17 PM
I wouldn't attend that party. It would ended up costing me more than its worth.
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:21 PM

Wait. So what does the $12 cover? And then you are giving each child an additional $15?  Wouldn't that be enough to cover the bear and an outfit??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:25 PM
You have to have a budget for the children at a minimum of 12.00 so I was thinking I could do 15.00 per child. Total

Quoting PhantomRose88:

Wait. So what does the $12 cover? And then you are giving each child an additional $15?  Wouldn't that be enough to cover the bear and an outfit??

PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:32 PM

Ahh, ok. Sorry, I misunderstood :/   Thats a tough decision but honestly, I would do enough to cover one bear and an outfit. Thats the whole fun of build a bear, dressing up the bear. And I don't think parents are going to want to pay extra at a party after already buying a gift for your child, ya know?   

Quoting Anonymous 1: You have to have a budget for the children at a minimum of 12.00 so I was thinking I could do 15.00 per child. Total
Quoting PhantomRose88:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2015 at 7:52 AM
Bump
angelachristine
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 7:56 AM

$15 to $20 is enough to buy a bear so I think it's fine. I'd love to go to or have a party like that but our build a bear is really far away :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)