Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My d.h. is in there telling my 3 y.o. I don't love her.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
I truly grow to hate this man a little bit more every day. He undermines my parenting constantly, yet won't participate in parenting.

I have this long , exhausting 2 hour b ed time ritual I have to do with her every night, not only to try to prevent HER from whining, but also to prevent a fight with d.h., because if I'm not running myself ragged every minute spoiling her in every possible way, or if he hears her cry for even 2 seconds, he starts yelling at me and telling me everything I'm doing, "wrong ".

This exhausting 2 hour ritual, of course, follows a whole day of wearing myself ragged spoiling her and trying to immediately meet every demand, because if d.h. ever sees me putting her in time out or daring to tell her, "no", d.h. won't stand for it. He's at work for much of the day, but the most important thing about discipline is to be consistent. It does no good for the rules to be one way when Daddy is home and another way when he's not.

I have been gradually trying to learn to put my foot down, but it's so difficult, because I have to battle them both, & I'm so worn down that's next to impossible when nobody is on MY side.

She was being extra difficult tonight. Nothing I do is making her happy. She is whining and crying and screaming just for the fun of it. I have found in that situation, if her audience goes away, she stops. So, I left the room. D.h. storms out here in his girly panties, (that's all he wears to bed. His underwear is technically made for men, but it doesn't look like it, lol) and yells at me for, "just leaving her alone to cry so I can play on my phone."

Then he goes back in there, (her crib is in our room), & tells her several times that Mommy doesn't love her. But, of course, he's too lazy to play dancing monkey in my stead for more than 2 minutes, so, shortly thereafter, he got back in bed and ignored her, and guess what? Now she has quieted down, because she's not getting any more attention. Yet, as far as he seems to believe, I know nothing about our daughter or parenting in general, and he is the expert.

Grrr! Just had to vent. It's so impossible to Co parent with this man, & when I divorce him, which is inevitable, the sucky thing is, I will STILL have to Co parent with him.

Oh, & please don't ask why I married such a jerk. I get that one EVERY time I vent about him. He didn't start being a jerk until I had a ring on my finger, a bun in
The oven & no job.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:17 PM
9 moms liked this
I'm not gonna ask why you married him, but why have you not punched him in the nuts yet???
ilovemykids323
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

tell him to shove it. ditch the 2 hr routine. stand up for yourself.

brimar
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd leave him
tklrcl2014
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Get a job, and LEAVE. This is NOT okay and you know this. Do you have family or friends you can stay with?

txrebel
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
This!

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm not gonna ask why you married him, but why have you not punched him in the nuts yet???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Seriously, a backbone would be good here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:20 PM
Lol. I should. I am gonna leave him first chance I get. It's difficult because he's so controlling with the money, I'd have to leave with NOTHING if I left now.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm not gonna ask why you married him, but why have you not punched him in the nuts yet???
RaLALA
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:21 PM
Just pack up and leave em both. People do it all the time. Lol

But really,get a plan together and leave. Not worth the struggle With him.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:21 PM

Grit Ball the Bastard......smdh

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:21 PM
I know. I'm working on learning to stand up for myself. I've actually made a lot of progress. I didn't go back in there to play dancing monkey some more when he demanded I do so.

Quoting ilovemykids323:

tell him to shove it. ditch the 2 hr routine. stand up for yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)