Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cutting *trigger warning*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Did you ever suffer with self harming behaviors? How did you get over it and stop? 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Clairwil
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 12:00 AM

No.

But from those who have, I've heard recommended using a substitute such as a wartenberg wheel - same sensation, but no damage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2015 at 12:01 AM

I used to cut from the time I was 14 until I was 27...then I got pregnant with my son

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2015 at 12:01 AM
Yes, I did it for almost 10 years. I'm not really sure how I stopped...I just did. Sometimes I have urges to do it, but I don't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2015 at 12:05 AM
I have in the past, as well as many other self destruct, self harming tendencies. Then I was in a car accident that I should never have walked away from and was raped was I was 16. This led to some very intense counseling and medications. That is when I stopped.
Goldphish13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 5:34 AM
I cut quite a bit a few years ago... The physical pain overwhelmed the emotional at the time but the scars hurt worse after. It took my husband, who had the same issue, working threw our pains together to get over them. One thing I read that I took to was 'love is finding someone who's demons play well with your own'. I took it as someone whose past haunts them similar to yours and so letting it all out to someone who has been threw similar situations has helped me greatly.
drowningmama
by on Apr. 11, 2015 at 7:18 AM
Yes. I still self harm but not like I used too. I had kid...they keep my busy and occupied.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)