Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how often do you shower (is dh right)?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 426 Replies
1 mom liked this
My dh has become obsessed with baths. Takes one every night for at least 45 minutes. I have 3 boys who take showers before bed every night. Dh showers before work every morning and uses all the hot water. Tonight while I was cleaning up the kitchen from dinner around 8 pm dh starts a bath. I came in the bathroom and commented after a few minutes about everyone really being into baths lately. I said I'd have to find time to sneak in a quick one sometime this weekend.

Dh looked at me pissed off like and said, "take one in the mornings!" I said,"I can't because you use all the hot water and I wish I had time to. I have 3 kids to get ready for school and drive to school. I have a mountain of chores and laundry. Lots of your errands to run daily like bank, post office, costco, walmart, gas station, parents house to help mom recovering from surgery. My 4 year old gets picked up from preschool at 1 pm. He tells me that's not his problem. He's not home all day.

Who is he to tell me when I am allowed to take a shower? I haven't showered in 3 days because every time I try to take a shower or bath someone used all the hot water, I have a mountain of chores and errands, dh decides to turn on the dish washer and/or the washer and within minutes the hot water is gone.

To stay clean in the morning I wash my face, brush my teeth, comb my hair, put on deodorant and body spray. At night same thing except dry shampoo.

Is dh right I need to schedule my baths/showers during the day to be mindful to everyone else?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:28 PM
23 moms liked this
Get a bigger water heater
csh.1310
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:29 PM

ew

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:29 PM
7 moms liked this
Ummmm fucking take a shower
Crazy-Steph
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:30 PM
18 moms liked this
I still don't see why you can't squeeze in a shower during the day. You run errands every day?
young_lv_mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:30 PM
5 moms liked this
Fuck that, shut off the hot water one day if you can, or skip running around town and tell him if he can't give you time to take a shower you can't give him time to take care of his shit.

Now in reality I most likely would not do that, but the second he walks in the door look at him and say you are taking a shower and then go do it. Have a list of shit you need done still ready for him and take a nice long moment for you.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:31 PM

Shower in the Am

Bubble bath/shower rinse at night

Mommie_2_Boys
by Steph on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:31 PM
4 moms liked this
You need to MAKE time

I am a busy person and I take two a day
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this
He's not right about you scheduling a shower.... But that's fucking nasty to not take a shower
jamamama00
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:31 PM
5 moms liked this
That's fucking disgusting and errands are zero excuse to not bathe. Gag.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:32 PM
4 moms liked this
You can't possibly do all of those evey day. Take a shower after the kids are in school. You really don't need to wait until the evening. He's worked all day so he wants to relax and it probably makes the body feel good. I'm sure you could squeeze in 30 minutes each day to shower.

Quoting Anonymous 1: My dh has become obsessed with baths. Takes one every night for at least 45 minutes. I have 3 boys who take showers before bed every night. Dh showers before work every morning and uses all the hot water. Tonight while I was cleaning up the kitchen from dinner around 8 pm dh starts a bath. I came in the bathroom and commented after a few minutes about everyone really being into baths lately. I said I'd have to find time to sneak in a quick one sometime this weekend.

Dh looked at me pissed off like and said, "take one in the mornings!" I said,"I can't because you use all the hot water and I wish I had time to. I have 3 kids to get ready for school and drive to school. I have a mountain of chores and laundry. Lots of your errands to run daily like bank, post office, costco, walmart, gas station, parents house to help mom recovering from surgery. My 4 year old gets picked up from preschool at 1 pm. He tells me that's not his problem. He's not home all day.

Who is he to tell me when I am allowed to take a shower? I haven't showered in 3 days because every time I try to take a shower or bath someone used all the hot water, I have a mountain of chores and errands, dh decides to turn on the dish washer and/or the washer and within minutes the hot water is gone.

To stay clean in the morning I wash my face, brush my teeth, comb my hair, put on deodorant and body spray. At night same thing except dry shampoo.

Is dh right I need to schedule my baths/showers during the day to be mindful to everyone else?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)