• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He completely changed me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I am a total goon, I have adhd and it's really noticeable sometimes. If I "act out" he snaps at me and gets pissed off, if I ask him more questions then he wants to answer he snaps at me and gets pissed off, I'm just being goofy with him, he snaps at me and gets pissed off, I couldn't even kiss him gently without him snapping that I was only doing it to have sex with him.....so I filed for divorce,6 years I put up with that, I noticed a while ago that he was doing this and iv tried talking to him about it it never helped, and I tried dealing with it and controlling my adhd like I used to but I'm not like that, I'm not a quiet sit with my hands folded kind of person, I'm loud and a dork and I like weird crap. That's how I am, he's known that since the beginning and he's tried changing me this entire time and succeeded to a point.

now that we've been separated I have not felt a single ounce of stress from walking on egg shells around him.

I feel stupid for even allowing that....

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on May. 5, 2015 at 12:02 AM
Glad you saw the light.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 5, 2015 at 12:02 AM
Hugs, we live and learn. Good luck to you mama.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on May. 5, 2015 at 12:05 AM
Good for you!

Best wishes in the future.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 12:06 AM

Don't feel stupid, just move on from here with this new found knowledge. You have learned more about yourself through this experience. You have now learned that you are a great person just the way you are. You shouldn't change for anyone. There is someone out there who will love you for just the person you are. Don't ever try to change for someone again. Be you and you'll find the perfect person for you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2015 at 12:13 AM
This, all of it.

Before your next relationship, spend some time reflecting on whether he was actually trying to change you--or whether you were trying to change to please him, even if he never specifically asked you to.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Don't feel stupid, just move on from here with this new found knowledge. You have learned more about yourself through this experience. You have now learned that you are a great person just the way you are. You shouldn't change for anyone. There is someone out there who will love you for just the person you are. Don't ever try to change for someone again. Be you and you'll find the perfect person for you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)