• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what sucks about bring paycheck to paycheck

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Is when you have an emergency and then you struggle for a couple couple of week afterward
we finally got the bills up to date now but we are hurting this week. More so than usual
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 8:26 AM
Bump
Plus-size-mommy
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:29 AM
Yep, we just found out that our van needs 200 in repairs, that's not happening right now. We can't afford it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 8:29 AM
Us too. I had a medical issue and spent 4 days in the hospital and had to take almost 3 weeks off work. We are realizing how impossible it is for us to go without my paycheck-even though df makes like 3 1/2 times more than I do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2015 at 8:30 AM
It sucks try reevaluating your budget and see if you can cut some expenses and put that money into savings instead
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 8:30 AM
It was $1100 in vehicles repairs for us and we still have to do the brakes

Quoting Plus-size-mommy: Yep, we just found out that our van needs 200 in repairs, that's not happening right now. We can't afford it.
CameraMum
by Anne on May. 5, 2015 at 8:33 AM
I don't miss those days at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 5, 2015 at 8:33 AM
Been there. There was a point where were killing ourselves just trying to keep up with medical bills. DH was working insane overtime, I was working two jobs and we almost never saw our kids. And when you're in that position, everyone and their mom has an opinion. One person tells you you're a terrible parent because you never see your kids and another is biting their nails waiting for you to miss a bill so they can delight in calling you a deadbeat.

Paycheck to paycheck is miserable.
evelynloree
by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:33 AM
What sucks is worrying u r not feeding your kids enough. They say they r hungry every hr, i swear. But they get 3 meals a day, and have at least one snack usually cheese. But I feel bad I have to tell them to wait to eat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 9:15 AM
Bump
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on May. 5, 2015 at 9:17 AM

I hated those days. :/ Sorry! I hope you get caught back up fast.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)