Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My cat has acne....

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 12:52 AM
  • 23 Replies
Seriously, I took my cat to the vet because he developed little scabs on his chin that were not going away. Turns out he has feline chin acne.... One of the main things I have to do is switch to a stainless steel or glass bowl ( that's not happening because he's an ass and knocks his dish down when it's empty) for his food and water. Now I have to find a gravity feed water dish that has a stainless steel bowl woo! Why do my pets get the most random crap?
by on May. 5, 2015 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MilkLover0203
by on May. 5, 2015 at 12:53 AM
Random ailments to match his random owner.
fairymom82
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
We have a stainless steel set for our cat with rubber grip things on the bottom. Luna had chin acne too. We wash her bowls daily and gently wash her face with a damp washcloth at night to help. Hers cleared in a few weeks after the changes.
cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:03 AM
I can only give my cat a cup of water in his bowl or he'll paw all of it out until the container is empty. It took 2 gallons of water before I realized it was him and I was in fact assembling the bowl correctly. The other cats hate him for this.
That's really all I can add. I wish I could put a gravity fed water bowl down.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:03 AM
Yeah the food bowl isn't a problem but the water bowl has to be one of those gravity feed ones because the other cat swims in the water bowl and spills the water everywhere in a regular bowl.

Quoting fairymom82: We have a stainless steel set for our cat with rubber grip things on the bottom. Luna had chin acne too. We wash her bowls daily and gently wash her face with a damp washcloth at night to help. Hers cleared in a few weeks after the changes.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:05 AM
My other cat swim in a regular bowl and knocks it over so I have to have a gravity feed because there's not enough water in there for her to swim in lol!

Quoting cntrdmom: I can only give my cat a cup of water in his bowl or he'll paw all of it out until the container is empty. It took 2 gallons of water before I realized it was him and I was in fact assembling the bowl correctly. The other cats hate him for this.

cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:07 AM
Oh mine jump in the tub to go swimming. Lol. Good luck getting a shower alone around here.

Quoting LCWAmommy: My other cat swim in a regular bowl and knocks it over so I have to have a gravity feed because there's not enough water in there for her to swim in lol!

Quoting cntrdmom: I can only give my cat a cup of water in his bowl or he'll paw all of it out until the container is empty. It took 2 gallons of water before I realized it was him and I was in fact assembling the bowl correctly. The other cats hate him for this.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:10 AM
Omg! Mine is the same way the first time I was rinsing my hair and felt something rub on my leg I freaked lol! Also if the kids forget to close the toilet kitty gets a bath, which of course she hates!

Quoting cntrdmom: Oh mine jump in the tub to go swimming. Lol. Good luck getting a shower alone around here.

Quoting LCWAmommy: My other cat swim in a regular bowl and knocks it over so I have to have a gravity feed because there's not enough water in there for her to swim in lol!

risaspieces
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:11 AM
We found out my dog has ringworm, I didn't know dogs could get it. And I have no idea how an inside dog got it.He also has a history of allergic reactions and uti's. So I understand the random ailments.
_cloudy_
by on May. 5, 2015 at 1:12 AM
My dog has to get her anal glands squeezed.
cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:14 AM
It used to just be one f them. Now the other two have started. They make a huge ruckus at the door if you go in without them and they hear the shower. I've left a little water in the tub and went to bed so Bruce could play in it. Mine like to watch the toilet flush.

Quoting LCWAmommy: Omg! Mine is the same way the first time I was rinsing my hair and felt something rub on my leg I freaked lol! Also if the kids forget to close the toilet kitty gets a bath, which of course she hates!

Quoting cntrdmom: Oh mine jump in the tub to go swimming. Lol. Good luck getting a shower alone around here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)