• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

buying house...

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 12:55 AM
  • 14 Replies
All I can think of to do to kids room is paint but I want CUTE rooms. HELP! I need ideas. Thanks!

ETA: kids are 9, 6, 3, and almost 1 and will each get their own rooms.
by on May. 5, 2015 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2015 at 12:58 AM
Don't do a theme kids grow up fast.
MilkLover0203
by on May. 5, 2015 at 12:59 AM
Don't do themes. Pick out colors, get accent decorations to go with what they're into.
AvantGardener
by on May. 5, 2015 at 1:00 AM

I always doa  theme but something they won't grow out of. I'm buying a house as well so we've been talking about rooms. DD is getting an art themed room. There will be a chalk board wall with faux frames painted on it. Her art table and lots of places to hang art work. DS is only 4 and he said he wanted a Spider Man room. We're doing a cityscape that will light up at night and become a night scene. Spider man will be in there somewhere.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2015 at 1:03 AM
We had a purple room and a white room. Now we have a yellow and brown room and blue room. Yellow brown has been asked to be all yellow or yellow and blue. His baby bedding was yellow and brown. Then my oldest likes blue. There bedding match the wall color and the furniture is dark brown in the youngest room and white in my oldest room.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2015 at 1:05 AM
I love the idea of a chalk board wall. My son would love that.he's always on his white board easel

Quoting AvantGardener:

I always doa  theme but something they won't grow out of. I'm buying a house as well so we've been talking about rooms. DD is getting an art themed room. There will be a chalk board wall with faux frames painted on it. Her art table and lots of places to hang art work. DS is only 4 and he said he wanted a Spider Man room. We're doing a cityscape that will light up at night and become a night scene. Spider man will be in there somewhere.

DaringDo
by Stiletto on May. 5, 2015 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this
We are moving in a month and I finally decided to do a color scheme. I'm going to use butterfly decorations too. I don't think you ever get to old for butterflies. I am going to put in a cute pink chandelier also. Im just hoping it turns out cute.
AvantGardener
by on May. 5, 2015 at 1:07 AM

Just prepare for the mess. Lots of vacuuming and baby wipes to wipe the chalk off of everything. lol I was originally just going to do a big section of chalk board paint, but it makes no sense. I might as well do the whole room so I don't have to try and get chalk hand prints off the non-chalk board walls. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I love the idea of a chalk board wall. My son would love that.he's always on his white board easel
Quoting AvantGardener:

WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:10 AM

Quoting Anonymous 1: I love the idea of a chalk board wall. My son would love that.he's always on his white board easel
Quoting AvantGardener:

I would never do a chalk board wall ever again.  The chalk dust gets EVERYWHERE! On the floor, on their clothes from sitting on the floor, the dogs walk in it and track it through the house.  Unless you plan to be super diligent in vacuuming it all the time, my advise is to re think it.  The only place I would ever do one again is outside

SamanthaSage
by on May. 5, 2015 at 1:11 AM
Pinterest.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2015 at 1:11 AM
You are right. We vacuum daily but just chalk in the driveway requires a bath he's done. He's so mess. I swear he's not my child!

Quoting AvantGardener:

Just prepare for the mess. Lots of vacuuming and baby wipes to wipe the chalk off of everything. lol I was originally just going to do a big section of chalk board paint, but it makes no sense. I might as well do the whole room so I don't have to try and get chalk hand prints off the non-chalk board walls. 

Quoting AvantGardener:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)