Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else watch the Kurt Cobain documentary on HBO tonight?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

What did ya'll think? I was a big Nirvana fan in the 90's. I was devastated when Kurt died. The documentary was ok but didn't answer any of the questions I had with his suicide. Everything on the documentary I already knew. Anyone else see it. What did you think? 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Keara20
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:22 AM
Damn, I don't have HBO. Did you see Kurt and Courtney?
BekahBrownEyes
by on May. 5, 2015 at 1:27 AM
I never cared for Nirvana, or the one trick pony that was the drug addict Kurt Cobain. I'm sorry that his suicide hurt so many, but I just don't have any sympathy for someone that chose to leave their children. Plus he wasn't God's gift to music like he was made out to be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 1:29 AM

What generation of music was influential to you? For me it was the the 90's grunge & also rap from the 90's. I was just as devastated when Biggie died. I'm also 36 so that might make a difference. 

Quoting BekahBrownEyes: I never cared for Nirvana, or the one trick pony that was the drug addict Kurt Cobain. I'm sorry that his suicide hurt so many, but I just don't have any sympathy for someone that chose to leave their children. Plus he wasn't God's gift to music like he was made out to be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 1:30 AM

Yes & also Francis Bean when she was a baby. 

Quoting Keara20: Damn, I don't have HBO. Did you see Kurt and Courtney?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 1:32 AM

His music was also very different than the music already popular. It was that Seatle punk rock that was so good in the 90's.

Quoting BekahBrownEyes: I never cared for Nirvana, or the one trick pony that was the drug addict Kurt Cobain. I'm sorry that his suicide hurt so many, but I just don't have any sympathy for someone that chose to leave their children. Plus he wasn't God's gift to music like he was made out to be.

BekahBrownEyes
by on May. 5, 2015 at 1:37 AM
Mostly the 80's& early 90's....I was just never into the grunge movement. In those days I always preferred rock/metal.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

What generation of music was influential to you? For me it was the the 90's grunge & also rap from the 90's. I was just as devastated when Biggie died. I'm also 36 so that might make a difference. 

cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:39 AM
I don't have cable.
BekahBrownEyes
by on May. 5, 2015 at 1:41 AM
I get that,I do. I just have always thought that he was made out to be way bigger & better than he actually was. I understand his suicide was a drug fueled one, but what reasons have been given as to why?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

His music was also very different than the music already popular. It was that Seatle punk rock that was so good in the 90's.

Keara20
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:50 AM
It was a good documentary.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Yes & also Francis Bean when she was a baby. 

Quoting Keara20: Damn, I don't have HBO. Did you see Kurt and Courtney?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 1:53 AM

He couldn't deal with the fame & had a lot of inner, emotional issues about being good enough since his family pushed him away. His music was good & was worth the credit he recieved at the time. Maybe YOU just didn't get it. 

Quoting BekahBrownEyes: I get that,I do. I just have always thought that he was made out to be way bigger & better than he actually was. I understand his suicide was a drug fueled one, but what reasons have been given as to why?
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)