Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child acting up in front of company

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Wwyd if your child misbehaved badly in front of your company? I was so embarrassed today. I had company over for the first time today in awhile and my children tested the waters. They were so aweful. After the kids got home, I greeted the kids and they started their afternoon routine as usual ( snack, homework , chores etc). I got back to talking with my company and a few minutes later I hear my kids saying, "Mom, she said _____" and "Mom, he pushed me." I excuse myself and take time to speak to my children about chilling out on each other and getting along. I also warned them no internet time if they started again. They said they understood so I went back to my company. Almost immediately the kids started bickering again. I spoke to them again and told them they lost internet privelages. My daughter freaked out and starting throwing things and my son mocked her and made the situation worse. I am horrified, and made them stand in the corner. My company left soon later. How do I fix these kids with effective discipline and structure? It was not cool they behaved that way. Not ever.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 3:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 3:16 AM

How old are they? What did your daughter throw?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 3:17 AM
1 mom liked this
They are 8 and 10.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 3:18 AM
She threw her shoes across the room, stopped her feet, yelled at me and then pulled on the blinds.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2015 at 3:19 AM
Send them outside to play
alexsmomma06
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 3:19 AM
1 mom liked this

How old is your daughter? What did she throw? I would have been horrified that my child acted that way. Depending on age, they would have gotten a spanking and lost even more privileges. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 3:20 AM
1 mom liked this
They are 8 and 10

Quoting alexsmomma06:

How old is your daughter? What did she throw? I would have been horrified that my child acted that way. Depending on age, they would have gotten a spanking and lost even more privileges. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2015 at 3:21 AM
If it were me they would be apologizing to my company for acting that way by writing them a letter about why it was wrong for doing that. Then they would be donating a favorite item to Goodwill for throwing things because they were mad...if they care so little for their things then they can give them to someone else who might appreciate them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 3:21 AM
1 mom liked this
That is a good idea but I feel going outside is a privelage they do not deserve.

Quoting thenameshailie: Send them outside to play
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 3:22 AM
That is a brilliant idea about donating toys.

Quoting Anonymous 3: If it were me they would be apologizing to my company for acting that way by writing them a letter about why it was wrong for doing that. Then they would be donating a favorite item to Goodwill for throwing things because they were mad...if they care so little for their things then they can give them to someone else who might appreciate them.
alexsmomma06
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 3:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow. She is way to old be acting that way. She would have had to apologize to the guests for being so rude, gotten a spanking, and lost tv/xbox time for at least a week or two. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: They are 8 and 10
Quoting alexsmomma06:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)