Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you even asking that...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

When the answer is the same everyday?

For a year now we've had the rule, no TV in the morning during the week. It's that simple. Yet everyday someone asks me, can I watch TV, and I say the same thing, no, we don't watch tv in the morning during the week.

Granted, I should thank my stars. They don't whine about it, it's literally a 2 second question followed by my no and the kid simply walking away. But everyday for a year? When will they give up trying?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 5, 2015 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Kids are persistent PITA sometimes.
MeaganP
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 7:54 AM
Never
kylenkodysmom
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 7:55 AM
Lol. We have always had that rule. No tv on school mornings, but every once in a while one of my boys will be ready to leave and ask if they can watch tv. I just give them "the look," and tell them to get a book to read.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PogoPalOj
by on May. 5, 2015 at 7:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Just put a sticky note on your forehead that says, "No TV" in the morings.  That way they wont ask. LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 7:57 AM
My kids request things that are against the rules, too. I guess they keep hoping we will change our minds. That's good yours don't whine about it. If their question gets on your nerves, could you put a spin on it by substituting a different fun morning activity like story time or music? Perhaps that would distract them so they don't think to ask for the TV. Just an idea. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2015 at 7:59 AM

Whenever DS repeatedly asks a question he knows the answer to, he loses that privilege. So for your situation I would tell him if he asks again he gets no TV for X amount of time, and stick with it. Works like a charm for DS. He is 6.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 5, 2015 at 8:06 AM
Our rule is no video games during the school week, yet my son asks me daily if he can play after his homework is done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 5, 2015 at 8:07 AM
Mine are allowed in the morning if they get ready on time with minimal prodding. But they aren't allowed in the after noon until 730, which is an hour before bed and they're taking turns bathing so it's not really a full hour. They always ask right after school though. Sometimes I get annoyed and take the cords and tell them to go ahead and try.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 5, 2015 at 8:09 AM
Try flipping the question back on them. "Remind me what the answer to your question is?" Or just ignore the question.
lenashark
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:12 AM

When my kids ask a question like that that they aready know the answer to, they lose television in the afternoon as well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)