Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much to offer?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

I had someone offer to watch my kids for free while I work once I find a job. She's friends with my parents (I usually hang out with them and their friends so I know her fairly well). She said she stays home all day during the week and doesn't do anything but keep her grandson 3-4 days a week so it'd be nice for him to have someone to play with on his days there and she wants to help me out as long as I drop them off to her. I want to offer to pay her something for doing it though. I just have no idea how much and also no idea how many hours or day it'd be yet

ETA: I plan on sending their food since they can be picky at times and my youngest is on a "weight-gain diet" 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:14 AM
10 bucks an hr.
brimar
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:15 AM
She offered for free ??? Wow. I would at the very least give her 100 a week for groceries and snacks
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 8:16 AM
I get paid $20 a day for one of my nieces and $10 a day for my nephew.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2015 at 8:17 AM
This 😊

Quoting brimar: She offered for free ??? Wow. I would at the very least give her 100 a week for groceries and snacks
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 5, 2015 at 8:18 AM

At least enough to cover their food and snacks while they're there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 8:18 AM

I wont even be making $10 an hour..

Quoting notjstasocermom: 10 bucks an hr.

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on May. 5, 2015 at 8:19 AM

I would try to send some snacks/money to cover his snacks and food at least.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 8:23 AM

Yes, I was surprised too, she even offered to pick my oldest up from school if I needed her to. She can't but it was an incredibly generous offer, all of it is, especially since she lives about 25 minutes from the school. I'm planning on sending them with any meals/snacks since they can be a pain sometimes  and my youngest is on a "weight-gain diet"

Quoting brimar: She offered for free ??? Wow. I would at the very least give her 100 a week for groceries and snacks

alexsmomaubrys2
by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:23 AM

Quoting carterscutie85:

I would try to send some snacks/money to cover his snacks and food at least.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 8:25 AM

How long? I'm aiming for school hours... I'm waiting on a call for a job that's from 7-215 they'd be there from 6:30-3:30 4 days a week IF I get this job, if not it'll roughly be the same hours at my back up plan job

Quoting Anonymous 2: I get paid $20 a day for one of my nieces and $10 a day for my nephew.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)